5: Loss of Breath

"Oh god."

The words come out as a breath as I stare wide eyed up at everything before me.

I take a few steps back surprised with the collection of accolades before me until I bump into the one chair in the room.

Ungracefully I take a seat, heart racing trying to wrap my head around the reality that I am stuck in Malibu in one of the boy's houses.

But which one?

After all there are four of them, I can't be too sure.

Although I can't be sure I do have a gut feeling... we parked right by the door, he greeted everyone... I think I know.

I might not know the boys personally but who else would have something to show how proud their accomplishments and yet feel so humbling? It's just the right amount of flashy and understated...

Yep, I know whose house this is.

But I don't get it. Why would he bring me here and then leave me?

Not that he needs to hold my hand through the whole party, although I have to admit I enjoyed it, but wouldn't it have made more sense to leave me somewhere I could get home rather than have to drive me after.

Maybe I could get a taxi.

I jump out of my skin when the door swings open and a couple I don't recognize come in. I keep my head down and try to get to the door to empty the room for them.

"Sorry, I'll just be going–"

"Are you Mia?" The man asks.

My heart stops in fear.

"What?" I turn around in the doorway to face him, utterly shocked to hear my name pass the lips of a complete stranger.

When my heart starts up again it begins to hammer against my chest at the thought of someone recognizing me on the west coast... the east coast I can understand but not here.

I thought I got far enough away.

"I'm Jeff." He says as if I should already know who he is.

Nope, have no idea who you are.

"Harry was looking for you."

"Okay," I squeak before scrambling through the door as fast as I can only to find myself in a sea of people.

I step into the room and suddenly I overheat with the amount of people around. There are so many people even the air is heavy and I want out. It's not liked we are packed in here like sardines, there is more than enough space for everyone, but for a quiet person like me this is alot to take him.

What was I thinking coming here? I might know Harry by name but I don't know him. Plus he left me alone knowing full well that I don't know anyone? I mean come on, why on earth would I know any of these people?

Maybe I should just call a cab.

I pull out my phone and start trying to find the front door. Think I've been here long enough, I mean how on earth can I find Harry at this party. I've given it a chance but this just isn't me.

And anyway he obviously doesn't want to be around me anymore.

He couldn't get out of the kitchen fast enough.

Was it how I reacted to the drink? Did I offend him? Or was he just bored?

That would be stupid if these were answer.