16: Strawberry Lips

(^Last nights concert was wonder... hip thrusts, very satisfying. Enjoy.)

"Harry I can't do this."

"Love, I'm sure you can," he says with a grin on his lips staring down at me.

"No I really can't, you can ask Monica," and he probably should.

"Don't think I'll have to after this."

Is he sniggering at me?

"I don't appreciate that."

"What's that?"

"You're laughing at me," I mutter under my breath annoyed with this whole situation. I have work to do and I really don't need to be here with Harry laughing at me only to have this all come to nothing by the end of the day.

"Not laughing at you love, just wish you had a little more faith in yourself."

I scoff, poor boy really doesn't know what he's gotten himself into. I must say it's a sweet thought. Harry planned this cooking class for us which must have taken some time and thought to arrange which I appreciate but truth be told I should never be allowed in the kitchen. Monica's convinced that I would have burned the house down if she hadn't moved in with me.

The only thing I can successfully make are my grandma's chocolate chip cookies.

It's insane really. Some people say baking is the hardest thing to do and if you asked me to make brownies out of a box or cake in a tin I wouldn't have anything to do with it but my grandma's chocolate chip cookies are like second nature to me.

I think it's because I'm transported to a different time every time I make them.

Also probably the reason I don't make them anymore.

"We'll see by the end of this." I say confidently.

"Ya we will won't we..." he argues with just as much confidence. "And saying I told you so will taste rather nice."

"Yes, but not as much as hearing me say it," putting my hair up and turning my attention to the front of the room.

We fall silent as the teach starts to speak at the front of the classroom.

He's brought me to a cooking class.

A cooking class.

Me, the worst cook known to mankind Harry brought to a cooking class.

Well I did try to warn him.

Recipes are handed out and ingredients are picked up. Today we will be learning to make a simple seafood pasta and chocolate souffle.

There is nothing simple about either of those things. My only hope is that Harry knows what to do because I'm clueless.

The water starts to boil for the pasta as Harry gets to work preparing the seafood as I stare down at the tomato on my chopping board waiting for me to get to work.

This can't end well.

I place my fingers on one side of it as I grasp the knife in the other.

It's just chopping, I can do this surely.

"After this we'll have to start with the chocolate souffles if that alright."

"Of course," I answer him quietly as I finally forced myself to try and do this.

My first attempt the blade slips on the skin making me jump. The second time i get a puncture but it's too thin.

The next goes the same as the first and the next my fingers twitch making me backup all together.

I'm a mess.