63: The Bubble Burst

"Mia, love... it's time to wake up."

I groan into my pillow, turning away and pulling the blanket up to my chin.

"I'm sorry, love, I've let you sleep as much as I can but we're home now."

Still half asleep, I peel my eyes open only to frown at him.

"Awe you're happy to see me then," he smiles down at me, his eyes looking sleepy but well awake and able to bother me. "Come on Miss. Grumpy. Prince is already in his crate, Hunter and Paul are waiting just outside with him. Get on up love, just have to get to the car then you can go right back to sleep."

My whole body feels heavy, sleep still deep in my bones but I get up anyway, stretching my arms up in the air, letting my neck roll from side to side.

"Where is everyone?"

He winks at me as he pulls my bag from the overhead compartment. "Like I said, I let you sleep as much as I can but I don't think the crew will think too kindly with you sleeping in here for the rest of the day."

"We're the last ones?"

He nods, giving me his hand. "I told them it would be best to be the lasts ones off."

Once I grab my glasses and baseball cap I finally stand, only to feel the plane spin under my feet.

"Hold on to me sleeping beauty, take my arm," he hooks his around mine. "We've gone the whole holiday without any injury and I'd like to keep it that way, love."

Step by sluggish step, we slowly make our way off the plane and through the airport.

Harry's right, after spending Christmas night in the hospital our time in Cheshire was fairly docile and longer than initially planned. You see, after what happened with Robin, Harry wasn't very anxious to leave and neither was I.

With every day we spent in the quiet sanctuary that is Anne's house, it felt more like home. We rang in the New Year all together eating some curry takeaway, popping poppers, and sipping sweet champagne as we watched the fireworks on TV.

It was honestly perfect. And so were the next three weeks.

We spent our time relaxing mostly. Harry has a lot coming up in the next year, in the next few years actually, so having this time around his family and just being himself was needed.

And I needed it too. The extra time we spent in England gave me time to not only get to know Anne, Gemma, and Robin better but I also met his dad, Des, and a few of his childhood friends, not to mention a few spirited nights when Grimmy came up to the Manchester air hang out.

Ya, I really like him.

Our time in the UK provided some deep insight into what makes Harry Harry and it was wonderful.

I only wish I could give the same to him. I don't have any of this to share with him. The life I had in New York is completely gone and I'm not too fond of the idea of bringing Harry to their burial site. I haven't even been there yet and it's not very romantic. And it's also in New York and we don't have any plans of visiting so I don't have to cross that bridge just yet.

At Least it's something to share with him though.

This something I thought about during my time with the Styles/Twist family as we sat around drinking tea and playing Scrabble, Harry is scary good at it but not nearly as good as his mum. It was actually rather cute to see them go head to head, Robin and I just sitting back and letting the competitive madness ensue.

"See you made it through immigration, almost there," Harry leans in to whisper in my ear as I wait off to the side as Hunter waits for our bags to come through.