8: A Bowl of Rice

"Ehmm, stay here, I'll, uh... grab you some clothes and a towel."

I stand back shivering as Harry exits the room leaving me alone for yet another time today.

Hopefully I pull out my phone and with sheer will try and make it turn on but it's no use. It's completely and utterly fried and all because I got lost in a pair of green eyes that I have no business staring into.

Again, I force the power button wanted to call Monica more than ever as I wait for Harry to come back.

Goodness, please just turn on.

"I can get you a bowl of rice for that."

Harry's voice makes me jump out of my skin as I spin around to face him. I swallow my breath and simply nod at him not sure how to respond to such a suggestion.

Without a word he hands me some clothes and a towel making sure not to touch me.

He probably doesn't even realize he's doing it but I notice.

He doesn't want to touch me again.

"Yep, rice... you want some?"

"What?" I shake my head awkwardly trying to keep the dry clothes and towels away from me as to keep them dry.

All Harry does in response his nod his head while pushing his fingers through his hair. "A bowl of rice, ya, yep... I'll go grab you a bowl of rice." And he's gone faster than he says those words.

Hoping I have enough time to change I pull off my shoes and tiptoe into the ensuite.

Again, it's immaculate, just like the room. Simple. Nondescript but very homey, welcoming. Crisp white linen to contrast the dark hardwood floors. A soft, plush blanket over the end.

It looks very comfortable and I have to admit that I'm excited to try and relax and fall asleep. Not sure I'll be able to but I'll try.

"Mia?"

I stare down at myself still in my wet clothes, only having had enough time to take off my shoes, how pathetic.

When I step outside Harry seems even more uncomfortable only know he has the most massive bowl of uncooked rice in his hands.

"For your phone." He says peering down to the bowl.

I must look confused because he starts to speak again. "I've never tried it myself but it's said to take out all the moisture. Maybe in the morning it'll come on again."

Please let that be true.

I pull out my phone and bury it into the rice before taking it and placing it on the bedside table. "Thanks then."

Again, awkward silence.

As he rolls on the balls of his feet my heart rate picks up and the butterflies take residence in my gut again.

"I think I'll go take a shower now."

"Yeah, course, sure." He says staring at me.

But he doesn't move to leave.

"Hope you weren't planning on watching cause–"

"Fuck, sorry, course. Leaving now then." He says turning to the door, pinching his lip. "NIght then."

And I finally take a deep breath and head to the nice warm shower that awaits.

If you had told me yesterday that tonight I would be standing in Harry Styles guest bedroom in not only one of his white shirts but also a pair of his boxers I would have laughed in your face.

But here I am, wearing both and about to get tucked into bed and try to sleep.

Doubt I'll be able to, this whole night, the whole day in fact, has been extremely surprising.

I'm still trying to work through all that has happened to day, the motor bike, the kiss, and the pool to name a few, but one thing is for sure, my whole body is buzzing from it.

I can't stop thinking about it.

His soft lips, the way he held me, how his lips seemed to long for mine long after I had pulled away.

On his end he probably didn't enjoy it but for me it was pretty nice. Not that he had a lot to live up to but still.

It was a forced kiss but this time I didn't feel forced into it.

I could have pulled back sooner or stopped it all together. Or maybe I couldn't with the way he was clinging onto me but I didn't even feel inclined to stop it before I did.

Oh goodness I probably should stop thinking about it, it's not like it's never going to happen again.

Today has been the definition of unexpected. I certainly didn't wake up thinking anything like this would happen. I was supposed to wake up, go to the cafe to write before heading back home and complaining about all the stress to Monica over pepperoni pizza and some red wine.

Oh no, Monica.

She's probably wondering where I am.

Since I moved here I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't seen her. Even when she goes out on a date she'll call in a check on me. Not that she has to but considering that when I first moved here I was completely alone I understand the habit.

Well tonight I have just about vanished without a trace and I'm going to have to explain it all to her tomorrow.

I'm dreading it.

For months now she has been wanting me to get out there and be social but I have pushed back at every turn.

It's not my kind of thing and after my performance tonight I am entirely sure that I'm rubbish at it. It's a wonder Harry let me stay tonight.

I bury my head in my hands in embarrassment and disbelief. I'm a cautious person, how on earth did I get into this situation?

Monica is going to love it. Probably tell me to come back here or text him, jump on him while he's interested. Well good thing I don't have his number because I think I'd be too humiliated to show my face here again. 

Although the longer I stay the more I want to be here.

But that's a crazy thought, I barely even know Harry, I can't possibly be thinking this. These feelings are probably the hot shower I just took and the comfy bed I am now laying in, has to be.

___

A/N: The last week or so has been very busy but more updates to come soon. Hope you liked this chapter. 

VOTE + COMMENT

Love hearing what you have to say. 

All the love, C.