71: Valentine's Day Giveth...(Part 1)

(It took forever but Valentine's Day is finally here for Harry and Mia. Sorry, it took me a little longer then I had anticipated but life has been getting to me and I'm starting a new job (ugh) and while my mind was a mess I did manage to write large chunks of future chapters so get ready. Enjoy Valentine's Day with Hia.)

Turns out Harry isn't immune to all things because the morning after Harry Lambert left with all those wonderful Gucci creations, my Harry woke up with a slight fever, a puffy red nose, and sore throat.

I was finally feeling wonderful and he looked so small and adorable and I did feel bad that he felt horrible and that I was, in part, the cause of his sickness but I still did do my 'I told you so' dance.

What can I say? I did tell him so but he was a persistent greedy boy with wanton lips and now look at him.

My man should have listened.

He made a valiant effort to brave through it but it took him about an hour before he turned into a cute puffy little baby.

Once he made this shift he was very quick to request a little bell, to be spoon fed, and to have me never leave the house just in case something happened. Harry's nose was bright red and the blankets were up to his chin he looked adorable and I was more than happy to finally be the one taking care of him even if he acted like a five-year-old in a 23-year-old's body.

In the end, Harry was down for about three days and made a miraculous recovery just in time for Valentine's day.

I have to admit, there was a small part of me that wished Harry was still a little sniffly today so that I could more easily control his romantic tendencies. It's not that I don't love them, it's just that I will never be able to match whatever he does and he deserves that. It's like he has this special part of his brain solely used for romancing the girl in his life and no matter how hard I try I'll probably fall short.

But these feels are all things I'm working on. The minor stress is slowly becoming a smaller impulse and the excitement I feel by everything he does for me is becoming a much stronger and default feeling.

So when the house phone rang signaling someone was at the front door causing Harry to literally leap out of bed like his bum was on fire and demanding I not move a muscle, I only got a little niggle of apprehension before I got excited by whatever he has planned.

That's improvement in my book.

Do I think he managed to stick to our five dollar rule? I honestly have no idea. On the one hand, I think he might have managed it, been able to come up with something so perfect for that amount that I'll be as amazed, as I always tend to be with him. However, on the other hand, I have a strong feeling that if he managed to do it than he for sure cheated in some way.

At this point, it doesn't matter much to me, as long as he's happy and I get to see that precious smile of his then I don't mind... well as long as he hasn't bought me a car or a pony or something, that would be taking things a bit too far.

As for me, I am very excited about my gift for Harry.

I did not cheat and I'm pretty sure I managed to get him the absolute perfect gifts. They serve a function he desperately needs but they are still stylish and fun, just like Harry.

Maybe I'm actually getting better at this gift-giving thing.

Suddenly the bedroom door bursts open and there stands an excited and hot looking Harry huffing and puffing in the doorway as he stares at me. "What are you still doing up here?"

"You told me to stay up here," I yell back with just as much silly enthusiasm as him. "So you've finished setting up my gift?" I lean back against the headboard happy to give him a little ounce of his trademark cheekiness back at him.