75: Monica's Reaction Requires Dark Chocolate

A/N: Fun fact, our Mia and Monica (AKA Lily James and Tessa Thompson) have worked on a film together. It's not out yet but I feel like I've predicted the future and I feel like this pic demonstrates their relationship (in the book) in a lovely way. Enjoy the chapter.

I wait until the gate to the driveway is completely closed before I shut my front door. He might be gone and we might still be working through some things but I feel much better with things now and I'm still feeling that kiss.

His kiss.

There is still that spark, that jolt to the system that makes my knees buckle and my thighs tingle when our lips touch. Each time my heart pounds in my chest when his plush lips make contact with mine and there is an element to each kiss that feels just like the first kiss... the one he remembers of course. The kiss we shared while he was drunk on that first night was a test run, it doesn't count.

All in all, it always feels so good I'm already craving for more and I just sent him halfway around the world without me. What was I thinking?

Stay strong Mia, it's the right thing. Missing him is a good thing.

I pout to myself for a moment before I feel a heavy presence sitting on my feet. When I take a peek down I see my Prince staring up at me with his big thoughtful eyes and my heart melts for a whole new reason.

He's my only comfort right about now, well him and the chocolate I hope is still in the fridge, and when I lean over and scratch behind his ears, I can't stop the smile that tugs on my lips at my furry fella's sweetness.

Slow sharp claps ring through the room and I gasp in surprise. Standing across the room with a sly smirk on her face is Monica. She's leaning against the wall looking as confident as ever and highly amused by the situation she just witnessed.

Oh god, how long has she been there?

"Jesus, you two really know how to put on a show," she continues to clap, her joy and smugness over this situation shining through. "Seriously, I've always loved a good emotional roller coaster."

Wonderful, She saw the whole thing.

I playfully roll my eyes and flop myself onto the couch, Prince bouncing up and resting his head on my lap a moment later. "Monica not now. It's been a long few days."

"No seriously. I'm proud of you. I told you to ride him like a cowboy but I'm glad you're sticking up for yourself," she meets me on the couch, giving Prince a nice little tap on his nose before directing her attention back to me. "I just don't know why you have to."

I stare back at her for a second, the answer right on my lips but the reaction I know is coming stops me. Oh, it doesn't matter, I need to get this off my chest. "Because he didn't want me to ride him like a cowboy," I mumble, drawing my attention back to my precious corgi.

Monica doesn't hear but I should have known my friend wouldn't let this go. "What?"

"He didn't want me too! That's the problem!" I burst all the raw emotions that sprung up from the turmoil I experienced coming right back. "I offered to finally sleep with him and he basically left me to drown in his hot tub."

"Fuck! Are you serious?" She jumps, covering her mouth but I'm not sure what's she's more shocked over. The fact that he left me or the fact that I actually was ready to sleep with him.

Thankfully she gives me the answer before I have to ask. "You really offered out of the blue? And in the hot tub? Mia, Mia, you saucy little minx."

I bypass her proud face and the naughty nickname and decide to try and justify my side of things. Afterall, I don't think it was 100% out of the blue. Harry and I have done stuff. I've not only had my hands down his pants but had it out, firmly in my hand and worked it over until Harry was completely done.