76: Baby, Strip That Down For Me

(A/N: I was going to post this on July 29, Hia's first birthday, but WP was going through a glitch and Irresistible disappeared for a few hours but it's back, thank god. Hope you like this chapter. Something is building between these two, I only hope you like what it is. Enjoy.)

Absence makes the heart grow fonder but no one tells you about the heartache you'll have to go through during that time. The only silver lining of Harry being on the other side of the world is that we have been thrown back to our roots, talking to each other for hours over the phone like we did when we were first getting to know each other. I miss him, I miss sleeping next to him but hearing his voice is a nice enough substitute for now.

Hugging his pillow at night helps as well.

Everything seems to be falling back into place for us... well apart from my confidence in being physical with him again. I want to be with him and I think it's gonna happen when he comes back home. But that's my heart, my head keeps the feeling of floating in that hot tub alone right at the forefront of my mind and I'm snapped back to square one.

Luckily, I've been so busy with writing and little Lea that it's mainly the nights that I am forced to think about it all.

James Corden and his wife only lasted two days watching Harry's puppy. I was eating lunch when Monica yelled my name from the front door and there stood James. He looked exhausted and was trying to wrangle a very excited corgi puppy in his arms.

"Mia, you have to take her," he begged. "I don't know what we were thinking. She's just like him, the kids wouldn't go to bed knowing she was in the house. And the crate doesn't bloody work like he said it would. She kept us up half the night with her crying and the other half we had the kids crying. Plus she weed on the carpet last night and this morning." He practically shoved her in my arms, desperate and wilted, before walking back to his car to unload the crate and her bag of things, Lea obviously a little too rambunctious for him to carry both on the first trip from the car to my door.

I follow behind him so I can listen, not surprised by anything he's saying. "Jules is at her wit's end and I'm worried I won't have a wife much longer if Lea stays," he jokes. What was Harry thinking? They have two young children and another on the way, a needy puppy is not what they needed. 

"You see, I agreed to take her without asking Jules. I was just doing Harry a favor, you know? The boy is too charming for his own good and I fell into it. I thought a dog would be nice running around the house but it was a bloody nightmare."

James was nice enough to carry Lea's crate all the way to the laundry room where Prince's is. When James noticed how Prince was obediently following my every step, he flung his hands out letting them fall back at his sides. "Why couldn't she be more like him?"

"Because Harry had nothing to do with my boy," I giggled lightheartedly, not surprised by Lea's cheeky behavior. 

"Tell you what, when you and Jules get over this traumatic experience, feel free to come by and see how life would be with a trained dog, Only if you'd like. Or I can bring Prince over to yours, I don't mind."

"You're very sweet, Mia. We might take you up on that... once Jules starts talking to me again," he ended with a chuckle as we walk back to his car, throwing me a wink over his shoulder for good measure.

What is with everyone winking at me?

"Give Harry hell the next time you speak to him for me," and I did.

"Harry, you just dumped a puppy on poor James and his pregnant wife?" I ask in disbelief that night we facetime one another. With the time difference, he was up way too early due to jet lag and I had stayed up way too late waiting for him.