44: Yellow Jumpers and Flashing Lights

"Monica can you stop laughing and focus please," I beg my best friend as I shuffle in the corner of the store.

I have found that I generally feel out of place initially when I'm out or around Harry. Not because of him but because his world is so far outside of what mine has been for the past few years that trying to adjust to all this is a bit more work than I expected.

Even the air in here feels expensive. Like Gucci manufacture its own special brand of oxygen that only the wealthy, talented, and privileged get to breathe in.

Should count myself lucky I guess.

Of course, my main goal is to move about this store without tripping or breaking anything. If none of that happens then I'll mark this outing as a success.

"I'm sorry Mia but this is too much," she continues to laugh at me. "You're standing in fucking Gucci with Harry Fucking Styles and you're standing in the corner talking to me. Live in the moment babe."

"Monica," I whisper harshly as I peer over at a very busy looking Harry like he might have heard. "It's not as easy as it sounds."

"Sounds like you're thinking too much and instead of enjoying your time with him you called me like a little scaredy cat."

"I'm not scared," I defend myself weakly. I am nervous but partially because my gift for Harry is in her hands. "Just checking to see how things are going is all."

I take a deep breath and look over at Harry. He seems so in his element as he converses with the sales associate buying god knows what for his family.

"Oh my god Monica, what if he's getting my gift from here?" I turn from him covering my mouth as I stress down into my cell phone. "This is too much."

"Mia chill, you really think he's getting your gift while you're standing right there?"

I take a moment and realize she's probably true. Harry's a romantic and buying a present while the receiver is in the room probably isn't his plan.

Then what did he get me?

Here I am standing in the middle of Gucci's store in London and all I have for him is a simple sentimental gift that is only half done. Barley half finished really because Monica's sister, who happens to be an artist, is still finishing up her painting of it... or was it a pencil sketch.

God my mind is such a blur I hardly even know anymore.

"Monica, what am I going to do?"

"What do you mean? I love your idea and he will too."

Luckily a present for Harry came to me in an unexpected burst of inspiration. While we were at Abbey road I was able to snap a few pictures of Harry living out his dream. It was a must and the key to my Christmas gift for him, a token to remember our time there together.

Hopefully, this will come off as well as I'm imagining in my head. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

"Everything will be fine babe," she tries to talk me off the ledge. "And if all else fails then just throw on one of those Victoria's Secret numbers and give him you."

"Monica!" I squeak at her suggestion. Harry turns his head and wordlessly asks me if I'm alright.

No, I'm not but I can't tell him that.

So I nod and continue to listen to my friend. "What?" She mocks innocence, "Put it on and do a little sexy dance or striptease or something.

I roll my eyes, "There is no way I'm going to dance for him, are you crazy?"