11: Louis' First Impression

"Ummm, thanks for the ride," I say awkwardly as he pulls up in front of my house.

"No problem and sorry."

"Why?"

"For driving in total silence, well apart from your directions," he chuckles at the reality of our situation but I can't really smile. I still feel like a bundle of nerves.

Can this be more awkward? I'm itching to get out but I don't know if I can given his new want to speak to me.

"It's really okay. I wasn't really in the mood to talk anyway." After all that happened last night I just needed to get out and without further discussion. Now if only Minica will pay me the courtesy. Although I know she won't.

"Well that doesn't sound like a glowing review."

I look over at him confused. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You spent the night with Harry... I'm just assuming."

"Nothing happened." I answer in haste. Don't know why it's not like I need to prove anything to him. "I just wanted to get home."

He raises his eyebrows at me not convinced. Maybe he knows something I don't. Well he definitely does. Afterall he's toured the world with him so if someone knows Harry he would.

Maybe Harry is one of those guys who does sleep around and that's why Louis is being all cryptic and assuming?

Maybe Harry didn't wake up this morning because I didn't give him what he wanted. He was rather convincing being all sweet and caring last night. Of course he could be hungover, well definitely hungover, but... no I have to stop this, Harry's miles away and is going to stay there.

"If you say so."

Again he doesn't believe me and again I feel the need to convince him of the truth.

"Nothing did. Stop assuming." I snap back at him suddenly getting annoyed.

Louis chuckles at my outburst , obviously rather fond of my nerve induced sass back. "You don't have to be so defensive."

"With you it seems I do." I mumble trying to calm down a bit as he pulls up outside my house.

My home is so close, just outside this door, and I just want to get in there. Curl up in the comfort of my own blankets and pillows and forget that any of this happened and forget the pinch in my heart that that is so.

I take a deep breath, hoping that by some miracle I can remain calm long enough to make it through the rest of this journey. "Louis I don't know what Harry is normally like but I know myself and all I did last night was have a drink, trip headfirst into a pool, and fall asleep in the depths of my embarrassment. You don't have to believe me but that's what happened."

A moment of silence and then he doubles over with laughter. "You fell into his pool?"

And yet when he says it, it somehow sounds dirty although it's the epitome of innocent.

"Yes, now I'm going to go before every shred of my dignity is stolen by yet another member of One Direction."

I make quick work of stepping out of my door and closing it. I go to walk away but my conscience gets the better of me and turn back around.

The passenger window drawn down and a wicked smile is plastered on his face knowing exactly why I've turned back. "Thank you very much for the ride. You're a lifesaver really."

Louis nods with a smile before waving me off. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you Mia," and before I can ask him how he's so sure he pulls away.

Finally I'm home but with every step I take I miss Harry more and more not wanting to but knowing I can't stop it.  

___

A/N: I'm feeling another double update today my lovely readers especially since this chapter is a bit short compared to what I normally write.

Lots of juicy stuff to come we just got to get there. 

VOTE + COMMENT

All the love, C.