77: "Lights On"

A/N: Thank you for your patience. I was sick most of last week, that plus going into work made it very difficult to finish the chapter. But here it is, welcome and enjoy.

The late day sun beats down on my skin, sinking down and warming me from the inside out

The late day sun beats down on my skin, sinking down and warming me from the inside out. It's a lovely evening, Monica decided to pull me outside and have some girl talk, as she put it, but she's so focused on her phone that she hasn't even tried to embarrass me yet.

Since she's preoccupied, I can only assume she's talking to Ben, I decided to lay back and cuddle Prince and simply enjoy the warm evening air. The warm feeling is not dissimilar to when I'm wrapped up by Harry's arms but not nearly as nice.

Okay, that might be Prince laying on my lap but the sentiment is the same.

At this point, Harry and I are getting dangerously close to a month apart and missing him is a constant ache in my chest. Not to mention, April is fast approaching which means that everything is about to start for Harry and by extension, me.

I'm excited for this next stage in Harry's career even if it means our lovely little bubble of anonymity is going to burst. Pictures will be taken and rumors will fly around and outrageous headlines will be printed no matter how careful we are, at some point, it'll happen.

But we will be fine. We will.

This is a whole new adventure for him, a brand new era of Harry the solo artist, and I can't wait to share it with him. It doesn't mean I'm not terrified of all the change that's to come but we'll be together.

And no matter how badly I miss him and can't wait to be reunited with him, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the whole intimacy issue with him but I'm afraid I can't gain any more ground without him actually being here.

"He wants me to stay over when he gets back," I mumble as I smooth Prince's ears between my fingers.

She looks up at me with her eye's pinched slightly in my direction as she looks up from her phone. "And how is that a problem?"

"Alright it's not a problem, but–"

"Hold it right there," she holds up her finger at me, interrupting my reasoning. "Your extremely hot and talented rockstar of a boyfriend," she throws her head back, sending the words up into the pale pink sky so anyone to hear. "Who is madly in love with you and who would do anything to make you happy," she says starting to count each point on her fingers, "who has probably written songs about you wants you to stay with him at his private Malibu estate because he's missed you so much... ya, I don't see a problem."

"Well, when you put it like that, no." She smirks confidently at me, knowing she's right. "But after what happened and all this time away, I feel weird about it. I don't know, it's different somehow."

I know I sound like a baby and yes, I'm acting like one too, but it's unchartered territory and without Harry here my mind just runs off on its own and trying to control it near to impossible.