7: Making A Run For It

(A/N: he's wet, drunk and jumps over the railing back into the water... doesn't get much better then that.)

I pull my head back instantly. What I really want to do is run through the front door and make my way home but he is still holding me.

I can barely breathe let alone move. I'm in a state of disbelief.

How? Why would he?

Thankfully his grip loosens around me and gives me the opportunity to stand and get some much needed distance. I take a few steps back from him wide eyed.

When I finally look right at him I realize that his eyes are still closed, lips slightly puckered.

What was he thinking? What is he thinking now?

Why would he do that?

"Uhhh..." I mumble awkwardly, stepping away some more and averting my eyes. "I better go."

It was probably a terrible kiss.

I must be bright red. This might be the most humiliated I have ever felt. He's probably going to start laughing at me, my red face, and my bad kissing ability.

All I want to do is get back in the house, call a cab, and go home, forget about how amazing this day has been and how incredibly awkward it just became and go back to my normal quiet stress filled life.

I don't need a famous friend, I have my best friend Monica, who is probably wondering where I am. I also have... well she's basically all I have and that's okay. I'd rather have someone I trust over people who constantly play games.

Like I said before, I'm not doing that again.

Suddenly I hear footsteps from behind.

Why is he following me?

I'm nothing special obviously and neither was that kiss. He seemed forced, I was awkward.

How could I let that happen?

"Hey wait."

I don't, I keep marching forward without looking back. I can't face him again.

"Mia!"

Still I don't stop, trying to get back into the house as fast I can. Once I get inside I can hide in the mass of people still in the house. Heaven knows what time of night it is.

"Wait please." I hear a breathless British accent pant behind me. He sounds close so for a split second I look over my shoulder to get a glimpse of him. Just one more look before I make a run for it.

What a foolish decision.

"Ahhhh."

I am so taken by is perfect chiseled face that I forget what's around me and trip over my own to feet and take a swan dive straight into the pool. Two minutes ago I was impossibly warm in his embrace and now I'm fully clothed and soaking wet with Harry standing at the edge of the pool looking down at me trying not to laugh.

Told you he'd laugh.

I'm mortified. I really just need to leave.

Without a word he reaches his hand out for me and pulls me out of the pool like it's nothing at all.

After taking a moment to marvel in his strength I suddenly realize I put my phone in my pocket as I left my bag safe on Harry's bike and now I don't have a way to call a cab to get out of here.

Didn't Harry say I would have some fun if I went with him? I mean I did have a nice time. Almost everything up to this point has been enjoyable, talking over lunch, walking on the beach, joking with him... all fun but ever since I stepped into this house things have been going down hill haven't they?