10: It's None of Your Business

"What are you doing here?"

He doesn't sound very happy to see him here at all. I'm sure something has gone on between them or Harry but whatever it is it doesn't seem good.

I'm just happy the attention isn't on me for a change this morning.

"Always the warmest of welcomes Jeff, thank you." Louis quips.

I always heard he was rather sassy but I never truly believed it. I don't tend to believe rumors about celebrities for the obvious reason, I simply don't know them.

Louis steps to the side making his way into the house paving the way for me to leave. As I take my first free step down Harry's front entrance when Ben calls my name.

"Mia wait."

I turn my head but continue to walk forward. "Ben I promise I don't want any trouble. It'll be like I was never here."

My heart is in my throat as I feel him take my wrist, stopping my movements. Defeated I stop and turn to him.

"I don't think Harry would particularly like that. Not with how happy he was last night."

Well that's hard to believe. This is me we're talking about and Harry was drunk. Not the formula for a lasting relationship.

"Pretty sure that was all the gin or scotch or whatever he was drinking last night." I cross my arms wishing this whole thing could be over and done with.

I miss my life, my friends... well more like my friend, and my normal stresses that came with my regular life. Sure I was nearly pulling my hair out with my impending deadline and school fast approaching but at least I could handle all that. I knew what was coming and I could figure out a way to handle this. THis little blip by the name of Harry Styles isn't easy to handle. I have absolutely no idea how to handle this properly other than just leaving.

Seriously this situation is a completely different kettle of fish. I've stepped into a world I now know nothing about and although there might have been a day long ago when I wanted to be a part of it, I don't want to be now.

All that's a part of the girl I once was.

"That had nothing to do with you Mia, trust me" he smiles down at me rubbing my upper arm. "He's been going through some stuff lately and having you here has changed him. I haven't seen the boy so excited to have someone over and he was throwing a party."

With truly nothing to say in response I stand there in silence hoping I can make my exists soon.

"Mia, this might sound strange but have we met before?"

"I don't see how we could have?" Especially after my transformation.

"You sure?" He looks me up and down a little bit before focusing on my face once again.

He won't notice, he can't.

"I'm pretty sure you had brown hair but I definitely remember you."

"No. You must be mistaken." I say probably too rushed because he doesn't look convinced. "I have never had brown hair. Sorry." I finish furiously shaking my head from side to side.

"Really? Because I thought I saw you at–"

Suddenly Louis storms out of the house while yelling at Jeff about something along the lines of staying out of his damn business. I don't know what he's getting at and I doubt I'll ever know.

Anyway it's his business, not mine.

I do half expect Harry to storm out here after him but he doesn't make an appearance and I'm thankful for that.

The next moment his aggressive attitude subsides, thankfully, and he turns to me. "You want a ride? You seemed to want to get out of this shit hole when we bumped into eachother."

I'm truly shocked by his words. No matter how badly I want to leave I certainly wouldn't use that kind of language to describe Harry's home.

"Well?" Louis presses me and I nod.

"Hope to see you soon Mia." Ben says shaking my hand and thankfully forgetting his line of inquiry from a moment ago.

He can't remember me. I honestly don't see when I would have met him. Anyway I would have remembered that smile.

With one last lackluster smile to Ben and a very agitated looking Jeff, I follow Louis to his car.

___

A/N: I have a lot planned for Mia and Harry, I just have to get to it. 

Hope you enjoyed this little snippet of a chapter and thank you for all the support thus far.

VOTE + COMMENT

All the love, C.