Backstory: Change

Year: 2066

Reinhardt's age: 51

Ana's age: 50

Location: Eichenwald, Germany

---

"We've been through so much! We made fareeha together, and you are telling me this now?!"

The smell of the air was musty...bad. The aura that had surrounded the apartment seemed so bland and depressing especially when it was wofting itself out from the tension of Ana and Reinhardt.

The walls of the cheap apartment were worn and dusty, almost broken down and deteriorating. The bed seemed stable enough to carry the big german but, was so creaky and hard to adjust to, especially for rein's enormous build.

Rein' had little food and a couple of packs of beer in the fridge...but, that was all he had to work with for who knows how long he'd have to stay in that 'what seemed to be' desolate wasteland of an apartment.

Rein' sat on the bed wearing a white tank top that looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks and some ripped blue jeans in the same condition. His hair greasy from not taking a shower in a couple of days and his scruff of a beard untaimed as it was patchy and longer in different places. Little stains from last nights dinner and the scene surrounding them were enough to show Ana he wasn't fully fit to live alone in the condition he's in.

He looked like a mess...

He had positioned himself quietly and as comfortably as he could when Ana had yelled at him...he hated it when Ana yelled at him. His facial expression seemed so lost and hopeless..like a lost puppy just trying to find his way home. If his emotion were to be translated into a sound, it would almost be a deafening silence, so much he was trying to figure out with such a blank stare.

"I...i don't know what to tell you ana...i have no words to say." His voice was hoarse and grundgy and felt like it was running thin throughout every sentence he had spoke. It was almost like he was sick but, he was perfectly healthy...he was just extremely overwhelmed with emotion.

"After all these years of us being together. You want to leave me because you're bi?!"

Ana rose her hands in frustration and slapped them down onto her legs as she stood sternly in front of the broken man. She turned away from him, unable to fathom the news she was hearing.

Reinhardt had a realization a couple of years back of this unnerving sensation towards the same gender...but, he didnt know how to cope with it, it was all new to him. It was with these feelings that came the seperation, rein went from talking a one sided conversation everyday with ana, then to some days, then to barely talking at all due to depression...

Ana was never really the one to talk to rein. She was normally with Fareeha, alot of the times ignoring what her and rein had. It had left him in pieces somedays. So, as she was busy ignoring him, he had more time to figure some things out...

He spent five years 'alone' to himself, trying to figure out this side of him, to the likes of which he has never seen before. Even with Ana around he felt like he couldn't say anything...because he'd feel like she wouldn't listen. Talking to Ana was like talking to a brick wall, so much to say but, it felt like he was spewing into dead air.

Rein' slicked back his hair with both hands and then held them out in front of him, palms facing upwards due to confusion. Rein' had never raised his voice...he was never the one to do such a thing unless it was during battle.  When he spoke, he was so calm yet broken.

"N-no....y-yes....i dont know ana. I...*sigh*...i just want to explore this side of me..."

He had sat in silence a little longer and groveled in his self blame before he finished his sentence.

"...i just want to find me."

Ana stood motionless raising her hand to her face trying to hide the oncoming tears that had swelled up in her sockets. Her muffled gasps for air demolished her cover up of her crying, she didn't want to show any other emotion besides anger but, she couldn't help herself when that first tear was shed and was rolling down her cheek.

"This is ridiculous.....goodbye rein'." Her shaky voice became more clear that her emotion was unstable when she spoke. Ana then turned ubruptly, grabbed her purse, and began her walk towards the door.

Rein's head was downwards still lost in his thoughts, he was still processing that Ana had even said goodbye...

When she clutched her hand on the rusty doorknob, turned and opened it. Rein' had raised one hand in the air wanting to stop ana so he could try further explaining himself but, to no avail...

"Ana wai...*slam*!"

Silence...

He had let out a soft sigh as he lowered his hovering hand back down to his leg in defeat.

Now more than ever...he felt alone.

He couldn't help but think, did he make the right decision?