Chapter 10: Angela's Reconsideration

Rein' started his steady and unfazeable march towards enemy lines down the fairly long path as the competitors stood unmoveable on the point. A heavy downpour of assualt had plundged itself into rein's barrier trying desperatly to slow down the team.

Hana stayed hidden behind the entrance wall and away from sight, hearing her teams footsteps slowly approach the point.

You stayed back as well but, followed close behind examining lúcio and the older snipers examples of healing.

Not all of the bullets and bombs were blocked by his shield, making them glide and explode next to the team leaving those stray objects detrimental to the teams survival. Having lúcio and ana stay by their side was absolutley crucial and it was perfect for learning.

As the group gained closure to the point. The enemy team did everything under the sun to stop their course of action causing them to group up and plant a heavier force on the barrier.

Angela's head lowered a little in suspension letting her eyes strain in concentration on the battle happening.

Rein' noticed out of the corner of his eye the amount of damage the enemy team was slamming on his shield by the cracks quickly forming on the corner of the shield and making thier way inwards. He knew he didn't have that much time left before there was no shield left at all....but, thats exactly what he wanted to happen.

Knowing hana was on the back lines and the enemy team finally grouped within reinhardts proximity, reinhardts confidence skyrocketed before his shield completely shattered to pieces.

Reinhardt quickly raised his hammer into the air letting his armor absorb all of the incoming projectiles.

"HAMMER DOWN!"

Letting out a huge roar his hammer was now engaged in velocity as the thrusters on it boosted its speed, slamming it straight into the ground in front of him.

Leaving an earth shattering sound the ground had cracked beneath the enemies feet causing them to lose their center of balance and stamina. For the moment, they were now paralyzed.

Now booming out from the muscular knight came the cue for hanas ult.

"NOW HANA!"

A split second after reinhardt had declared his position, hana's higher pitched voice rang and bounced off the walls of the sand covered buildings.

"Nerf this!"

The sound of a catastrophic nucular warhead was now launched and soaring through the sky over the huge door mantle at the entrance.

Your suprised demeanor was locked onto the flying mech bomb. It glowed a bright green, shaking rapidly in the air.

Angela held the same reaction, letting her eyes follow the path in front of it. With this invisible trajectory, she knew exactly where it would land.

As hana's mech was now controlled under earths gravity, it plummeted to the ground, heading right towards the point.

Getting closer and closer to the ground, the sound of the detenation grew louder signaling its end.

You sank backwards onto your heels, watching it gain speed.

Reinhardts entire group stood completely still and watched as the mech fell inches away from the groups presence before completely exploding and sending the enemy teams bodies flying in different directions.

It worked...

The team quickly rushed to the point internally shocked of reinhardts strategy flawlessly working.

The sound of clicking signaled the point was being taken until the final tick had sounded signaling only one thing.

Victory!

The sound of cheering held strong as reinhardt was applauded and praised.

Looking around at his teamates he chuckled to himself at his accomplishement, this sudden rush of realization wofted itself into his cerebral making his expression change. Looking around a little faster his eyes finally landed on you standing in the middle of the long pathway leading to the point with your arms crossed and an impressed smirk etched onto your face.

Rein' began his rather large steps in your direction with high hopes of his fighting spirit creating a good impact on your view of him.

"Well big guy, that was really something." Your smile growing a little wider with every word spoke.

Reinhardt's mind began to fluster with emotions when his intentional show seemed to rub off on you, having you give him an internal round of applause.

"Thank you, (y/n)." Reinhardts more than calm demeanor and loveable, infectious aura didn't seem like a difference to you...but, it ment the world of divergence to angela. His quiet nature, the incomprehensible change in battle tactics was all done with your presence.

Angela studied the screen rasing her hands and twining them together resting her nose against the side of her forefinger and sighed deeply. Lowering her head down, she closed her eyes coming to a second thought about previous statements.

"Reinhardt, you know you cannot pursue this boy!"

Her eyesight now shifted back onto the screen showcasing the two soldiers and their unbound tension and furrowed her brow in a pensive demeanor.

"He's serious about this...isn't he"

Now bursting this everlasting bubble clouding her mind, she relaxed her muscles and leaned back in her chair collecting the information between the two of you.

"...He seemed a little too...serious. In these situations, he never seemed as serious as this. He was normally so engaged and ready he would start cheering for himself, and boosting his self confidence...but, this time he was so calm and collective..."

Her arm jolted into action after a moment of skin tingling silence and slowly began moving it to the keyboard.

" ...reinhardt was never like this before. Normally in situations like this, he would instantly charge head on forcing himself into deathly situations but in this instance, he was calmer than ever..."

Her fingers now dangling over the keys, with her intention on one button alone.

"...Taking a closer look at the one on one she noticed reinhardt take a glance at you up on the top balcony scanning the battlefield below, then back towards genji..."

Her middle finger now lowering into the 'eject' key, she made it abundantly clear in her mind, to keep her newfound reconsideration.