Chapter 20: Hold Me Closer

(Play the song above for added effect. Find You- Lacrae Ft. Tori Kelly.)

Longer Chapter 2500+

Be prepared.

///

Silence.

Deathly silence.

Somehow managing to become cold within the contents of your soul, you didn't have a clue on what to do.

Angela turned your way with what sounded like the loudest step ever took, and glanced at the doorway. Alot of the overwatch members were still waiting outside, wanting to know what was going on. So thats what she had to tell them.

The truth.

"I apologize, i must go and inform the others..." Angelas distrought voice grew softer in tone. She didn't know if she could handle telling the others but, she was a doctor, breaking bad news was part of her job. It didn't hit her as hard as this if it was just a regular patient. None the less, it would still break her heart but in this situation, they were like family to her.

They are family to her.

Telling them the truth was instantly going to make her feel worse but, she knew she had too. Plus, she needed to give both you and him some space to clear the air.

Reinhardt slowly rolled his wheelchair around and haulted still looking down at his feet in dissapointment. He didn't have the courage to look you in the eyes yet, how could he? Hiding something as important as this from the beginning wasn't exactly a kind gesture.

Angelas boots had started to make clacking sounds when making harsher steps, getting more distant until she had reached the door. Turning the knob, everyone else in the hall had instantly jumped a little watching her step outside, forcing herself to show confidence and greif before iterating any word.

As the door clicked shut, the angst and fear were now trapped once again within the room as you starred at his slumped form.

Silence.

All he could do was open his mouth for a quiet inhale and exhale before letting another silent moment pass and having the courage to open his mouth for any words.

"(Y/n), I-..."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Your voice cutting into reinhardts sentence like a sharp knife cutting into a piece of meat. Fast and smooth-like, it made him quiver in his seat.

His mouth quickly shutting after your short interuption. You had every right to be angry and questionable. Reinhardts eyes dropped a little, equivalent to a puppies eyes when his owner had just abandoned it.

He still never had the courage to glance at you and instead turned his head acutely in a different direction. Starring at the ground like there was a missing kid sitting there hopeless and lost, and there was nothing he could do about it.

His mouth open slightly, he hesitated before ushering his inner thoughts, "I-...I was afraid (y/n)." His voice almost sounded similar to when he was about to kiss you under the night sky. Low and warm but, this time relinquished and broken.