Chapter 4: Study (Part 2) / Secrets

The conversation going on between you and rein' seemed to drown out the music playing from your phone until a certain harmony you recognized had began playing.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But, i can't help falling in love with you..."

You snapped out of your daze at reinhardts face when the harmony soothed its way into your mind.

"Oh my gosh! I love this song!"

Reinhardt began listening to it as well. Taking in the five part harmony was breathtaking. Unfortunatly, he didn't know the group playing but, he did know it was a cover of a very old classic by Elvis Presley, and his song 'Can't Help Falling in Love'.

Once he did realize that this was a cover, he jumped a little happy to recognize such a legendary piece. "Ah! This is a cover of a classic! Although, i prefer hasslehoff myself!"

You giggled at rein's enthusiasm and began to give him a little music information.

"Yup! But, this is a cover by a famous accapella band back in early 2017. They were wildly popular and this cover was just amazing to me."

Through your sentence, your pupils dialated and were directed back towards your phone.

A certain part in the song had come up that you learned and loved to harmonize with and began singing smoothly to it. Your eyes closed, you began to let the song enter your ears and run through your body as a way of emotion.

"Take my hand take my whole life too, for i can't help falling in love with you."

That simple verse in the song was enough to send reinhardt internally ecstatic listening to you. His mouth agape even bigger than before as his starstruck face seemed almost plastered into place.

You harmonizing with the rest of the group singing through your phone speaker, felt so angelic and radiant to rein', that it could almost put him to sleep as a lullaby.

Once, you had sung the verse you liked the most, you stopped with a smile growing on your face and your eyes closed soaking in the remaining feeling of emotion in the song, giving you and reinhardt both, goosebumps.

His heartbeat began to beat rapidly...

"That was wonderfull (y/n)...."

Reinhardts voice sounded so gentle in your ear as you let the song sink back into the background. You made your smile back into a grin as your gentle periphial vision had met his entranced stare.

Reinhardt didn't know he was able to sink further into attraction but yet, here he is letting imaginary bubbled hearts burst out from his mind like a cartoon.

"Ahem."

A calm voice spoke from behind as angela stood stern yet, happily in the center of the door, innerly finding it adorable that you two were bonding over such a marvelous song. Her arms crossed as she stood leaning against the doorframe, just like reinhardt did.

Both heads shot her direction in suprise, rein's heart flushed and sunk to the bottom of his chest while you seemed perfectly calm.

Reinhardt noticed angela's firm and serious stare at him, as he twitched a little grabbing the bed frame harder out of embaressment and dissapointment of what angela is thinking. It was like a mother, scolding her child with just her mental threats.

After a solid moment of the deathstare on reinhardt, you smiled and waved quietly in her direction. She closed her eyes and chuckled behind her closed lips at your nice gesture, believing that you were ust trying to ease the situation down a bit.

She gazed at you again with slightly open, tired eyes and began her speak her mishap she needed to correct.

"(Y/n), I forgot to show you some of the tools in the operating room. I would like to teach you them, in help for your upcoming test."

Your eyes shot wide open for a moment then returned back to normal as you were sad to cut the talk with reinhardt short again.

"Oh!...Ok, of course!"

You smiled again and turned towards rein as he glanced back at you trying to form a warm smirk to hide his facade. He didn't do to well however as you could practically read the word 'busted' on it.

"Well,... see you later?"

Reinhardt watched you stand up first as his head and eyes followed your mouth. Now processing the sentence, his eyebrows had rose as he glanced at angela for a moment who was now giving him a more intense stare.

He sunk back a little before standing up, as he motioned his focus on you again with a warm fake smile.

"Of course."

Trying to sound as believable as possible, you had bought his words as you walked towards the door with a brightly lit smile.

As angela smiled in your direction, only her eyes had followed you walking out of the room.

When they moved back towards reinhardt for a moment to shoot him a look of disapointment and sadness, she tried to keep it hidden from you.

Reinhardt gazed back at her with a hand raised up, rubbing the back of his neck in self pity and a slightly ajar mouth, stricken of the words to say to explain himself.

Angela, in a swift motion, turned smoothly back your way to give you a notice, "You head to the operating room (y/n). I will be there in a minute..."

The smile that formed on her face was so faint as reinhardt had approached her side, and glanced at her in sorrow then you with yet another fake grin showing partial teeth.

You viewed at them both in subtle shock. You knew they were hiding something, especially from you.

Wiping it off cognitively, you gathered up some words to end your tension with them, accepting what ever hidden biding they had between them.

Your face normal yet, very suspicous.

"Ya..*blink*..ok."

You turned and paced yourself down the hallway with your hands in your pockets in defeat.

Angela watched carefully as you disappeared around a corner, and was quickly blunt about confronting rein'.

"Reinhardt, you know you cannot pursue this boy!"

"But, angela i..."

Being immidiantly cut off his expression was nothing short of a knockout.

"Rein....you can't....not with the condition you're in....what if you break his heart...he is unaware,*rethinks* no...none of the overwatch members know yet rein'..."

As he felt a soft hand placement on his rough shoulder, he stared off into a corner of the hallway with a hardy sigh and an inner hatred for his weak stature.

He looked off at the end of the hallway once more, wishing he could catch you in his vision once more as a form of warmth in the darkness swirling around inside, only to be met with empty space.