Chapter 12: Questions with Courage

"I have laid out fresh clothes for you, they are sitting right here in the connection hall." Angelas voice peeped out from the sliding doors of the room.

Rein's eyelid raised slightly, revealing one eye in her direction in satisfaction.

"Thank you, angela." Keeping his relaxing smirk plastered on his face, he spoke gently trying not to disturb the peace of the room.

///

Reinhardt stepped out of angelas territory feeling refreshed and loosened. Previously pacing himself out of the hot tub after noticing his fingers starting to prune up, he had put on his fresh clothes and strolled fancily towards the mechanical doors.

Letting the smell of wiped down medical appliances plug his nostrils, he let his inner monologue distract himself from outer interferances as he made his way towards the final set of doors.

'How do i even approach him?'

'What do i even say?'

Taking his final footstep towards the door, the sound of pressure releases seperating the doors snapped his mental thoughts and made his eyes concentrate even harder, making him stand in place for a short moment trying his best to regain his dropped reprocutions.

He sighed, realizing that this was going to be nothing like how he approached ana. Making more movement out into the hallway, he noticed that this was going to be much harder...

'Sure, he likes me from what lena tells me but, how does he really feel about this age gap?'

His urgent want, subconciously told his body to move towards (y/n)'s dorm to show his true self and intentions. It had felt like each footstep taken, more invisble sweat had rolled down his forehead trying to make him lose composure.

Turning a corner of the facility, (y/n)'s dorm came into view making his mind become unclear and fuzzy, which in turn made one thing happen...

His heart started beating rapidly...

His mind crowded with random thoughts and doubts he, stopped in front of (y/n)'s door and slowly began to raise his hand into a fist, his intention to knock. He stopped midway of the door and went to sound his presence with his knuckles but, he hesitated for a moment before continuing again.

"If you are looking for (y/n), i believe he is out in the gardens."

A more light and forgiving voice had come from reinhardts immidiant right, as the being watched reinhardt jolt his head up slowly out of suprise after his first three words.

"Oh! Forgive me, for startling you."

Rein' turned to see tekhartha floating seemlesly in the air. Even with a robotic expressionless face, it seemed as if, he was giving off a concerned undertone for reinhardts action.

"It's quite alright zen', thank you for the knowledge."

"My pleasure." With that, zenyatta had carried on with his daily routine and disappeared behind a nearby corner.

The gardens...

Reinhardt sighed letting a small portion of his angst dissipate from his mind, turning and taking small strides towards the gardens.

The floor seemed to be the only thing rein' was visually locked onto when walking throughout the building. Staring off into space which to him, was located on the floor, helped settle his nerves.

Letting his body run on auto pilot, it didn't take long for him to reach the end of this short lived journey of solitutde into sudden self torment.