Chapter 6: Pressure

"Alright (y/n), right this way!"

Angela opened the door in front of you, while you were still maintaining a mix of emotions mentally preparing yourself for today.

Its a different thing really, talking to angela while your studying about the battle with the overwatch team  yesterday you felt somewhat normal maybe a hint of agitation, and when the next day came, it felt like a whole different ball game when you stepped into the provided room.

Inside this room, stood a large capsule like tube, with a cylindrical glass front opened up wide exposing the inner mechanics with a cushioned back. The tube was tilted slightly, as wires ran along the bottom corner of the floor connecting the tube to a computer sitting a few distances away in front of it.

Taking further steps in it was a dimmly lit room with a blank and almost dead atmosphere. No bright colors, only from the high tech computer monitors it had gave the most light.

Angela walked in behind you, closing the door gently. The door clicked, as she then reached for the light switch to the right. Even with the lights on, it still seemed so bland. It was way different from the rest of the facility.

"Ok! If you can just step into the chamber, and we'll be set! The battle will only start when you join, everybody is waiting on you!"

Angela walked quickly to the computer monitors as she swiftly began typing on a keyboard different codes and methods preping your arrival.

Growing more curious and a little frightened, you believed that a necessary explination was in order.

"Um....What do you mean? What is all this?"

Angela rose her eyebrows in shock and stared into the monitor for a little bit, completely forgetting to provide a background on the equipment.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)! You were probably expecting a battle a little differently then what we have..."

Your facial expression grew sarcastic as she continued her sentence and watched the monitor closely, viewing the contents carefully.

"...You see (y/n),  Overwatch and our partnered company, called the Vishkar Corporation have provided us an efficient and effective way to practice fighting and trainning all out, without having anybody to actually be...well murdered. This (y/n), is a simulation, once you enter, it will smell, feel, and act like an actual battleground, taking all the smells and atmospheric grounds from different parts of the globe and implementing them into your nervous system and senses. You can still feel pain and it can still be felt even after you exit the chamber, it will seem and be very real. However, the pain will never go beyond your breaking point and will subside after the simulation is over. As one of our most intellegent agents, Satya puts it, "Welcome to our reality!..."

You stared into the chamber as if it was a deep void into space, not really able to comphrehend the science behind it or begin to fathom what its like to make one of these incredible machines.

"...I will be watching the battle from these monitors here, to graph your process, you will do the same up close. Since, you are here just to take mental notes, you will be labeled in this simulation as indestructable, heros cannot touch you while they fight and you cannot die. The objective of this lesson is to have you watch the healers battling, to see how they fight and heal, and to gain an understanding of what its like to be in combat."

Not realizing that you had stood in place for a solid minute after she was done speaking trying to process this new information, angela decided to speak up.

"Well...they're waiting, (y/n)." A smile was worn happily on her face from cheek to cheek as she hovered over the enter button.

You still had so many questions...

"So, everyone battling is in one of these?"

Angela giggled a little, "Yes (y/n), i will answer any questions you have after the fight. For now, they are going to start the countdown soon, so go!"

Angela waved her hands in the air, motioning you into the chamber with gusto.

Not wanting to keep everyone waiting, you jolted to life and hesitantly stepped into the chamber.

Turning around towards angela, you gained a rise in nerves watching her press more buttons, Only to watch the glass front of the chamber close, soaking in an uncomfortable pressure release valve noise lowering the lid.

Angelas voice came on into the chamber sounding more mechanical, "Alright (y/n), lay back against the cushioning and relax..."

Not really able to turn back now, you did as instructed and did your best to relax. Things took a sharp turn however, as angela explained the process further....

"...I will be releasing halothane vapour into the chamber to help you get you out of your nervous stature and into the battle!"

"Wait, what?"

Angelas face grew almost sarcastic and yet serious as she formed a small grin, and simply said.

"Sleeping Gas."

Before releasing another pressure valve keeping the gas in.

Now with it loosened, small spouts within the chamber released the substance filling it with the narcotic vapor. Your vision now becoming cloudy, you felt as if you were getting weaker...

and weaker....

Your body becoming lighter...

and lighter...

Before waking up in shock to realize, you were no longer in the chamber...

"Finally! We figured you'd never show up love!"

Turning towards the voice to your immidiant right. Lena came dashing towards you wearing some sort of blue device around her chest. She looked completely different from before, holstering two small submachine gun pistols in her hands.

Your facial expression never changed from its stuck shocked position as you examined the room further, glancing at a bunch of heros that have changed drastically in their outer nature.

'Where am i?' You subconciously question.

The hero that had stood out the most was a big, muscular, armored man sitting down patiently in the corner of the room. Staring down at the ground thinking deeply about something, he almost seemed distressed.

The armor was grey and shinny bouncing rays of light off of it and into the walls around him, weilding a giant hammer by his side.

Your attention was caught off gaurd very quickly.

"Ahhhh, the newbie! Whats up my man?! Names lucío, short, sweet, to the point! I'll be your DJ host this evening, helping teach you the in's and out's... "

A black man on the smaller side came rolling up to you on skates wearing seemingly all green, as dreadlocks portruded out from his head and dangled onto the back of his neck.

Fingers pointed in your direction  from the small agile man as his hand motions symbolized his sheer excitement during his sentence.

"...you ready my guy?"

Your facial expressions changed ever so slightly, becoming a little more comfortable in the thought of these amazing heros surrounding you.

"I guess..." You said cautiously still not really taking in what just happened.

Once, the man in armor heard lucíos voice rising in his sentence. He glanced up in your direction, becoming shocked and awe struck.

His heart began to beat rapidly...