Final Chapter / Sad Ending: The Final Moments

(Play the song above for added effect...and brace yourselfs.)

3000+ words

///

Leaves swaying in the breeze, it made a very unique tone like the sound of a brush gently caressing a rough surface. The sound of red and orange leaves crunched the ground covering up some of the green grass as you both stepped off the ship, crushing the leaves beneath your feet. The waterfall in the distance eased your mind a little more but, the fact that Reinhardt was carrying his wheelchair under his right arm made you a bit uneasy. Glancing over at it every once in a while, felt like a stamp of death to you. Something just didn't sit right with you, and it started about halfway through the trip. The way rein' was constantly adjusting in his seat and quietly grunting to himself as he piloted the ship. You had caved under your curiousity and worry and asked him what was wrong but, he insisted that everything was just fine.

Stopping in between the forest and the lake nearby, the natural environment felt a little ominous to you. It didn't feel calm to you, it almost felt as if there was a more relinquished undertone to it, like it was hiding something. After a moment of pure silence, he began to feel an immensly sharp pain strike his chest making  him feel even worse than before.

"GAH!" Quickly realizing you were also nearby, his loud grunt turned into a muffled growl behind his clenched teeth. Hoping that his attempt at being quiet would work, it utterly failed as you watched him briskly extend his wheelchair and set it onto the ground. His unstable posture made him trip into the seat of the wheelchair, making his quick movement of sitting become graceless. His rear harshly hitting the seat, you began to panic for a moment, desperately pleading for an answer.

"Woah! Rein' Hey I thought you were ok, w-what's going on?!" Worry and awkwardness slowly creeping into the tone of your words. Rein' pretended like he didn't hear your plea, he just wanted to feel the surroundings for another moment before he began his explanation. "The forest is quite a peacefull place, isn't it?" His low hum of words felt soft matching the scerene environment around him. It felt as if he too, was apart of nature.

"Rein', I thought everything was fine! You told me you were fine!" Your words increasingly becoming intolorent and paniced as you grasped his left hand with both of yours, feeling his fingers gently grip both extremedies out of care. Rein' hated to see you like this but, he couldn't feel anything else at the moment except for calm livelihood. He knew he was in trouble but, in hopes of explaining himself, he could ease the pain and hopefully have you come to terms with the situation.

Whatever it was, you didn't like it one bit...

///

"I'm going as fast as i can!" Ana began starring into the sky intently, Lena standing tall in the ship while pacing back and fourth, patronizing the older woman to hurry.  The more her little spout continued, the more anxious she had became. The little turning Angela had noticed through her spaced out viewing from Lena, had gotten to her a little bit. Angela didn't know how she could've been so blind to the situation and how she could've forgotten to tell you something like this. Taking a deep breath in and out, continuing to stare off into her own little depressed world, she must've assumed she wouldn't need to tell him something like this. She's never encountered a patient before that she couldn't fix, at least not in a very long time. Every patient that had rushed onto her doctoral doorstep had an issue of the viral sense, or simply had contracted an unknown disease. Doing the impossible through medical science, she was no stranger to infectious diseases but, natural death? That was a whole nother ball park that she was unaquianted with.