Chapter 14: Old School Rein'

Reinhardt had looked long and hard at himself in the mirror, checking to see if his appearance was deemed suitable for tonights venture.

He tugged his dark grey tank top down further into his pants when he noticed tiny loose creases scrunching up. Flatning his hair back again he made sure the point on the back of his head from his hair was perfectly out and stable. Picking up a larger jean jacket hanging onto the edge of the bed as much as it could, he swung it over his shoulders putting one arm through the sleeve then quickly grabbed the other.

He jumped the jacket up and down a bit and shook it a little to straighten it out. With the jacket now complimenting his black ripped jeans and black army boots. He looked exactly the way he did years ago when he was on his first date with ana.

He reminded himself that ana was absolutley head over heals for this look, so why wouldn't (y/n) be? Taking one last hard look at himself he grabbed a brand of cologne off of his dresser and sprayed a small portion of it onto his hand.

Setting the delecate bottle down, he rubbed his hands together and began to pat down his neck with the intoxicating substance.

He smelt fresh, looked great, and felt undesirably nervous. Perfect.

Taking a big inhale, he let out a bigger exhale and forced his expression into a manifestation of courage. His bottom lip pushing up his top, he lowered his brows and nodded at himself in the mirror mentally explaining to himself that he could do this.

Stable step after step, he used a shakey hand on the doorknob. One touch to the handle and he instantly had a flash of the incident the day he woke up with a sudden pain. His eyes concentrated and went stern for a moment, mentally cringing at the reflection.

"...With his bad eye still held shut, he used the other eye to guide himself to his door of the dormatory, having an outstretched arm ready to grasp the doorknob.

The doorknob was held firmly in reinhardts grip as he turned it trembling and opened the door..."

His eyes closed for a second, as his head turned away in pain before brushing the thought off and opening the door to welcome in the patiently waiting anxiety, nervously tapping its foot outside the door.

Stepping outside into the hallway, he went over the plan one more time in his head.

'I pick up (y/n), lena spoke of her ship already set to our destination with a splendid meal for the two of us....'

He remembered lena rushing up to him early that morning standing at his door frame, with messed up hair and unbelievable bags under her eyes. She must've been up all night working on the food.

When she spoke, her voice was so soft and almost gone due to lack of energy.

"Alright love, i flew right back as soon as we got the food done. I told (y/n), to be ready by twenty-one hundred (9 o' clock) so you could pick him up. I've set the coordinates to eichenwalde, so...*sigh*...go and have a good time."

She really did try her best to sound happy for him and not so physically demolished.

Rein remembered being wide eyed and confused. When and where did lena have time to prepare her plans for him?

Just as lena came she left but, not without telling him one more thing to answer his burning question...

"Oh,...and emily says hello."

///

He clicked his two pointer fingers together in curiousity and thankfullness making his way down the seemingly empty halls. Only a few lights were lit up making the atmosphere seem so mysterious and ominous but, very intrinsic. Noticing the surroundings, it made him look back towards the ground and mad him a little bit more sick to the stomach as if it were trying to make it seem more serious.

As much as he loved lena to death, not even she could save him from himself when it came to the dating scene.

Turning a nearby corner he was only a few steps away from him indulging in a new chance filled adventure.

Lifting his wondering eyes up off the ground, he felt as if time skipped taking his last step towards (y/n)'s door.

Anxiety seemed to be breathing over his shoulder as he stood their dumbfounded at the front of the dorm. He was having a hard time trying to coax himself into raising his hand like last time and knocking.

Everything in his power told him that this would be just fine and that everything will be ok...

Right?

It seemed to power over his eventfull thoughts for a sudden moment, because without thinking, he quickly knocked on the door and immidiantly rushed his hand back down to his side.

A decently loud "coming!" was heard from the other side, followed by quiant footsteps gaining volume towards the blocked entry way.

The handle turned by itself and opened the door wide showcasing your glistening persona.

Reinhardts eyes shimmered a bit, taking a look at you up and down. Raising his eyebrows a bit, his mouth mimiced his fluster adjusting to the sight in front of him.

Black jeans that were a little loose around your legs covered your dark brown high top sneakers. A regular black t-shirt was covered up by your buttoned jacket. Showing several pockets on the front and some on the sleeve, it appeared retro and stylish.

A shell necklace hung from your neck and down to your chest. Your hair was combed and hairsprayed for a messier yet fitting look for the outfit. You looked like you were ready for a night on the town, or for any date really.

Rein' stood in his shock for a moment before shaking his head a little bit to snap himself out of his daze.

Growing a slight grin, he showed his appriciation.

"You look stunning, (y/n). Absolutley beautiful..."

It didn't take long before your cheeks flushed and you turned your head away for a moment with a big smile shown accross your face in emotion.

Chuckling you joked with him a little bit, "You're messing with me aren't you?"

Your fluttering eyelids seemed to catch reinhardt of gaurd as he held his arm out into the hallway motioning you to walk ahead.

"Not even in the slightest, (y/n)!"

You strolled yourself out into the hallway walking as casual as possible trying not to be too teased, closing the door behind you. Although it was hard to hide with your cheeks looking like they had been in the sun for too long. If they weren't a good shade of burgundy enough, reinhardt had managed to slip his other hand behind your back with a firm yet gentle press guiding you in his path.

His hand placement fell short of your upper back but, stayed within comfort range. It made your eyes wonder back towards rein who was already waiting to spill his next compliment with relaxed and gentle eyes and a welcoming grin.

"You look simply wonderfull."

He took notice of your flushed cheeks and gentle smirk when your gaze flew away from the brute man trying to regain your composure, and took pride in the fact that he could make you swoon with his charisma alone.

With reinhardt now raising a cheesy grin, he felt more confident in getting to know you.