Chapter 21: Time Flies When You're Falling Apart.

This chapter is very dark and sad.
You have been warned.

(Play the music at the top for added effect.)
--------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) had woke up in the same position he put himself in last night, head laying gently on Reinhardts furry chest, ears caressed by his still beating heart.

The first thing your iris had noticed, was his hand relaxed on rein's left pec, and began to lightly scratch it in a gentle warm up stretch. Letting out a soft groan, it had alerted Reinhardt of your wake up.

"Good morning, beautiful boy." Reinhardts voice sounded low and groggy from him waking up not too long ago. It was the same voice however, that gave (y/n) shivers. His first intention was not to wake you but, he couldn't help himself from letting this feeling of perplexion envelope him when he watched your resting nature. When his low tone struck a nerve within you, it was in the best way possible. (Y/n) rubbed his head upwards horizontally to examine his face, to see rein already looking down upon him with a warm smirk and a little bit of his chin covered up from his beefy chest.

You smiled a bit as well letting his expression shine the darkest parts of you. For a breif moment, you both had fogotten the real problem at hand and it was pure bliss.

"Good morning, handsome man." You spoke softly and sounded smooth like butter. Sliding its way into his ears, he got shivers building up and down his back, making him chuckle behind his closed lips at how adorable you delivered your words. It never faded away, starring at your (e/c) eyes and how cute you looked burying your chin into his chest hair, kitten eyes starring back at him examining every feature.

"What did a man like me do, to deserve such a handsome young boy like you?" Rein spoke beggining to rub your back slowly, feeling his palm move lower, then having his fingers slowly slide their way up. It made you almost want to pass out again with the way it felt on your skin.

Your chuckle and smile only made his want for your answer more demanding and desirable. "You had me when your face was stuffed with cake, big guy." Poking fun at his eating habbits made him burst into laughter, reaching a volume approprite for morning auras. His roar of a laugh still carried a heavy hardiness to it, before his lungs strained and began to make him cough and wheeze. Raising a clenched hand to his face, he coughed into it trying to calm himself down.

Your protective instincts kicking in, you raised yourself up off of his torso looking at him with eyes of worry. All he could do was stare at you when the coughs were decent enough to handle but, he would close his eyes tight when they flared up. "Hey, hey, hey. Are you alright?" Trying to sound as calm as possible, rein could easily see past your 'closest to calm' front. Your fear was rising again, letting itself come out only as a little worry in your tone. Angela had given you these pills to not only keep him alive but, to be his protector and keep collective. It was hard for you, so very straining on your soul to see him going through a bad time. None the less, you had to be brave, no matter how afraid you were deep down. You had to put up a fake breakable front to make it seem like you could handle this but,-

It didn't fool him, you could never fool him. He could see the fear continuously driving away at the inside of your mind from the moment he laid eyes on you the day before in the bay.