Chapter 18: The Invisble Hatchet

The brightly colored atmosphere of the restaurant was too reminiscent of the older days, and because of it, the mood of the group couldn't have been better.

"Congrats on the test love! So, will you be healing on the front lines with us tomorow?" Lena began as the new topic was shifted.

As a gift from Lena and Reinhardt, they had decided to go to an old retro styled restaurant built around the 90's. Neon lights filled the dimmly lit area with bright colors seeping its way out of the booths windows and into the night. Other people in booths like the groups, had drowned out the silent area with casual conversation. Old nostalgic toys sat neatly on clean counter tops, giving any customer a sense of welcome.

Reinhardt smiled and looked your way for an answer, as you sat relaxed with your hands folded on the table next to him. Lena sat across from the two of you, eagerly hoping for a solid yes.

You smiled at the thought with closed eyes but, opened them and rebuttled, "No unfortunatley, it was just a test for my basic understanding of human anatomy and various tools. Its not actuall combat, so angela said i'll be doing the same thing as last time. Just observing the fight, getting a better understanding of the enviornment and battle."

Lena made a slight frown for a second and let out a soft and quiet 'oh', before smirking again.

"Well thats ok (y/n)! As long as you've got us on your team. This should be a breeze to learn!" Lena spoke confidently, the gusto in her voice now raising your happiness tenfold. Letting her words sink further into your subconcious, a strong hand had managed to sneak its way behind your back and pull you closer to the big brute beside you. Your head laid gently on his shoulder as the hand on your arm held you firmly by his side.

"Yes, invincible or not. On the battlefield, I will be your shield." Rein's daring and uproarous words sent you into a childish giggle, gitty that you had such a strong man by your side.

Buring your face into his shoulder you closed your eyes and embraced the natural smell rein's body gave off, giving you a chill. You fell deeper into the chill, feeling a soft pair of lips grace your hair as rein' had planted a long kiss onto your head as he rubbed your arm gently.

Lena sat back and watched all of Reinhardts worries flake away with your presence. A firm smile had crept its way onto her face seeing rein' the way he was.

///

The moon shinning brightly above lijang tower seemed to lighten the intensity trying to build itself up during the scrimmage. Feeling yourself slowly awaken from the gas, you found yourself standing in the middle of a ship on sight. The mission was to capture a controll point and prevent the enemy team from touching it. It was perfect for big shield heroes like rein'.

The lights above illuminated the soldiers below giving them an ominous glow. The team surrounding you seemed to be doing different mini activities to pass the countdown time. Lena and Lucio were goofing off in the front of the ship, while the giant hammer wielding crusader sat patiently in one of the cushioned seats for your arrival. Looking up from his daze, he smiled and stood up from his spot. Making a steady pace in your direction, he couldn't wait to start this battle. The battle however, wasn't the only thing on his mind. Deep down he really wanted to just relax at base with you in his arms, talking about more adventures and more personal topics.

"Are you ready, beautifull?" Hearing his voice behind you made you instantly smile and turn his direction. Seeing him on your team and by your side, made you feel alot more comfortable.

However, your confidence failed to jump much off the surface making your reply less than great. "Last time went ok, so i think so!" Your face now mirroring your atitude, had shown worried hopefullness.