Final Chapter / Happy Ending: Falling

This chapter will contain graphic ideas and a very intense POV
Viewer Discretion is Advised

(I advise playing the song above near the end of the chapter, and welcome... to the final chapter of this book)

4500+ Words

///

The lion had released his breath for the final time. Leaving those near him, crumbling to pieces.

Time is a cruel reminder, ticking away for everybody that draws air.

But, what happens when time wasn't against our beloved angel doctor?...

What happened if our doctor had showed up... just at the nick of time?

///

"There they are! Down there!" Lena stressed her finger out a bit too much looking at the radar on the ship pin-pointing the location of the couples aircraft and seeing the looks of you down onto your knees holding onto rein's hand.

With Ana, Lena, and Angela gazing down upon the situation. They all had the same thought.

Oh no.

You were too buried into his cold hand to even care about the slowly decending airship behind you. You knew who it was, you didn't have the strength to care anymore. As the airship had touched down softly onto the ground next to yours. The entrance gate had slowly opened up to reveal an unmoving trio struck with fear.

Lena was the first one to move, having her eyes swell up with tears and her hands clench up in front of her chest, being her motivation to advance. Seeing her rush forward had made Ana and Angela, begin there march towards the predicament. Ana still wanting to be a soldier, had did her best to hold a serious look. However, it didn't last long changing her face into pure regret, closing her eyes and looking away. She couldn't stand to look at the situation, it only made her more angry that she couldn't do more for him when they were together. It started to make the elderly tough woman cry, with clenched, trembling fists. Lena had stopped right behind you not wanting to take another step forward, she could easily examine his face.

The way he looked so...peacefull.

Angela had stopped midway between the group and stared at the ground from regret, she had one thought in mind, hoping that it could possibly work.

"How long has he been gone?..." Angela was far distant from her normal angelic self. You acknowledged as much as you could with your depressed mindset and replied with a simple, "Four minutes."

Hope.

Her eyes lifting drastically, her head followed pursuit radiating a sense of courage and moxie. Other than the prominant thoughts scurring around in her mind, there was only one thing casting away her doubts and fears.

That the human body can be completely lifeless for five minutes before the brain had lost all of its cells. Meaning one thing...

There was still time.

"Get him into the ship, now." Angelas voice now determined to catch death by the arm before it had escaped with our veteran soldier, looking at death's cold lifeless eyes. She stared right back holding a tight grip on its wrists with force. By the way she had worn her expression, she was not going to let go without a fight.