Chapter 16: The First Time in a Long Time

The sound of (y/n) laughing hysterically had dissipated the natural environment feeling.

"So you took the beer glass out of his hands and drank the rest?" You spoke glancing at rein through your periphials and giving a flattering side smile.

The stories Reinhardt mustered up about his older battle days flowed out of his mouth like a running faucet. He did his best to keep the negative parts out, trying to keep the happy mood within the circle of two. When it came to reminicing on the glory of his glory days, he couldn't help himself.

"Ha, ha, ha! I had too! Mocking my honor to the crusaders because my best friend had joined this organization, was a big mistake! If he weren't an ally, he would have been swallowing the can itself, ha ha ha!" He spoke letting out a thicker german accent due to his excited attitude.

The atmoshpere lightened a little when you chuckled lightheartedly with a wide, opened mouth grin alongside Reinhardt, gripping the black blanket that seperated the two of you from the dirt and grass.

The sound of the waterfall crashing into the pond below yards ahead, kept the scenary more serene and soothing.

The plates with food scattered in bits and pieces sat stacked on top of each other, symbolizing that the meal lena had created was now devoured and gone. Reinhardt and you sat in the same position. Legs stretched outwards, while rein's were crossed. Both, yours and rein's arms had stayed stern, holding both of your torso's slanted acutely off the ground.

The hint of night had peeked itself upon the horizon, alerting some fireflies nearby to come out an light up small portions of the forest.

"That's amazing!..And yet here you are years later." Speaking with one hand, you let your interested side be known.

Reinhardts eyes stayed forward, entranced by the visuals and sounds of the waterfall. In the midst of hearing (y/n)'s sentence, he quickly answered back once you were done.

"And here i am, haha. Fufilling an old promise and answering a call that was so desperate to be heard."

You giggled a bit playfully, looking back at the waterfall ahead. Something, about the moving canvas of the water seemed so mesmorizing.

"I, myself have a promise to stick to..."

Reinhardt's brow now raised, his chin was the one to take controll, as it shifted a little in your direction followed with the rest of his head.

"Oh? Is that so?"

Your mouth raising to a slight grin, "Ya, i made an internal promise to angela..."

Reinhardt spoke on the subtle pause in your sentence, ushering the philosophy that he knows what you're going to say.

"Ah, the test. Of course."

You smiled a little, happy to know rein had been paying attention and cared to know what was on your mind.

"Ya..., i mentally promised her that'd i'd pass this test. I've been studying hard and i've got alot of things memorized but,...i don't have everything i want. The test is this wednesday, and i'm hoping i can pass."

Reinhardt had took a stern mental turn for a moment and decided to take the opportunity handed to him on a silver plater, "Perhaps, I can be of assistance?"

Having your smile grow from cheek to cheek hearing him try to be the light in the dark, you yearned for his answer.

"Oh ya?"

"Perhaps, maybe I could help you study, in preperation for this medical test."

Taking a pause for a moment, your eyes traced the outline of your legs in front of you while your smile was plastered with what felt like rubber cement onto your flushed face. Swaying your feet back and fourth on the ground in excitement, you stopped following your body lines and glanced back at rein who already had his eyes glued onto your helplessly flustered expression.