Chapter 5: Wing Woman

The next morning, Reinhardt awoke in his bed with his chest aching badly. Grabbing the white, sweat covered bed sheets, he held on tightly as the pain in his chest worsened. He closed his eyes tight having both of his hands grasp the blanket firmly, waiting and hoping for the pain to go away.

He breathed heavily and at a faster rate than normal, realizing he needed to get angela immidiantly.

He managed to get one leg off the side, then the other pushing himself up as he tried so desperatly to get out of the cot.

"GAH!"

His teeth clenched together as he pushed his right hand into the left side of his chest. With his bad eye still held shut, he used the other eye to guide himself to his door of the dormatory, having an outstretched arm ready to grasp the doorknob.

The doorknob was held firmly in reinhardts grip as he turned it trembling and opened the door.

He couldn't let anyone see him like this...he didn't want anyone to worry...

Mustering up enough strength, he tried his best to regain a good posture for walking and proceeded to enter the halls of the facility. Still clenching his hand to his chest, to make it seem like he was fine, he pretended there was an itch on his torso whenever a fellow soldier passed by. Slapping on a cheerfull face for only a moment, to have it return back to pure torture the next.

Letting out quiet grunts of agony, he stopped when he spotted you pacing yourself down the hallway...along side lena.

You had carried your books in your backpack as it was positioned nicely on the center of your back.

Reinhardt watched as you turned your face towards lena and smiled brightly, as lena laughed. Examining your mouth moving in her direction she grew very suprised in a cheerful way at whatever you had just spoke.

The pain in reinhardts chest subsided as he stalked you from behind longer. Outlining your physique and growing an open mouthed smirk when you smiled again. He had forgotten why he was out in the hallway in the first place, because the pain he previously felt, subsided.

His heart began to beat rapidly...

But, just as you came into reinhardts view, you left. Waving a still goodbye towards lena, you turned a nearby corner and left reinhardts vision.

She had waved as well letting out a louder goodbye and made a complete 180° in reinhardts direction.

Lena now spotting rein' standing almost statue like in the middle of the corridor. She slapped on a confused look and walked towards him, wondering why he stood the way he did.

And just as lena was about to say anything...

"Rein' wh..."

"What did you both say!? Was there anything about me?! How did you two meet?! WAS THERE ANYTHING SAID ABOUT ME!? Ho...."

"Woah! Slow down there big guy! We were just talking about the scrim' tomorow and how he's excited to see a fight up close."

Reinhardt drew a low brow as he seemed downed by the fact that you didn't mention him...until.

"...and yes we did talk about you, silly!" Lena spoke rolling her eyes. When she rolled her eyes, she took notice of a strand of hair falling down in front of her face falling perfectly inbetween her eyes. Taking action, she puckered her lips and blew the strand back up to its normal position on her head.

Rein instantly changed again pleading lena for information.

"What did he say lena?! I must know! He's aboslutley breathtaking! WHAT DID HE SAY?!" His german accent rang louder, bouncing off the walls of the hallway. He lowered himself down to lenas height being eye-to-eye with her and gently yet firmly, clutched onto lenas skinny arms out of sheer curiousity and excitement. He subconciously, wanted to shake her a little to spill the truth but, like a gentlemen, held restraint.

"Rein'! Relax! Ha ha, he said many positive things. To be honest, he never said one bad thing about you..."

Taking in lenas words he began to space out and looked past lena out of sheer happiness, growing a wide smile, lifting his head up getting back to his normal height. He let go of her arms slowly as she continued her sentence.

"...he absolutely adores you big guy! I think he might have a thing for you."

She nudged reinhardts arm with her elbow, winking at the same time assuming by the look on his face that he was estatic.

The only thing being able to process in reinhardts mind at the moment was,

He really likes me?

His eyes began to dart back and fourth due to an oncoming process in his mind.

I must do something!

I must ask him out!

'Reinhardt, you know you cannot pursue this boy!'

I mu....

Reinhardts expression fell flat.

His memory of angela scolding him about you came into mental picture as he grew worse in mood.

Rein's posture felt a little looser...

'Rein'....you can't....not with the condition you're in....what if you break his heart...he is unaware...'

Lena took notice and grew puzzled, she thought he'd be happy about that news.

"Oi, big guy....you ok?"

Rein slowly turned around, with his intention to go back to his dorm and be in solace...

'...*rethinks* no...none of the overwatch members know yet rein'...'

"Uh...yes lena...i'm fine..."