5

[][][][][]

Chris was bought back to reality when he felt a whip on his back. A painful one for other. But for him, it was an ant's bite. 

More than ten years of experiencing such pain helped him get used to it. The whip was like a soft touch to him. A little better than what happens at school. A little better than what happens after the leather touches his back.

"Finally the idiot shows up." He heard his dad seethe with anger. He turned around to face the destructive man making sure that his face held no emotions. He's exhausted from trying to be stronger than he feels. He's so exhausted that even flinching was not possible anymore.

"Why you staring at me like that?" His father screams and Chris only stands up and looks down at the floor. His dad raises his hand and slaps him with all the force he could muster while he was drunk. He didn't hit him once or twice, but too many times that Chris lost count. Though he wasn't counting in the first place. Chris fell to the floor while a tear betrayed him.

He might be sixteen.

He might be sober and stronger than his drunk father for now.

But deep inside, his six year old innocent self is still buried, stopping him from reacting.

[][][][][]