37

[][][][][]

It all looked like a film playing in slow motion. The police interrogating Chris, the questions he answered without hesitation, the medic cleaning his arm and most importantly and most refreshing, watching his own dad being hurled into a police van with handcuffs, struggling to get free, just like how Chris struggled to get out of the ropes his father tied him with. Just like how he struggled to cope up with the pain his father caused him. Watching him plead the police gave Chris some kind of sick satisfaction.

Chris watched him, with his naked eyes, his father's drunken body being forcefully dragged and thrown into a van meant for criminals. His father gave him a venomous look promising his son suffering and all Chris did as he watched was slowly, sadistically smile as joy filled his heart and suddenly, like lava erupting from a volcano, he jumped up, cheered so loud and hugged Kaya with all his might. Kaya laughed and hugged him back.

"I'm free. I'm finally free Kaya." He shouted and Kaya nodded back with a smile. His behavior was childish and his happiness, contagious as a few other cops smiled.

Chris, right then, experienced the best feeling in the whole world. He watched things finally fall into place after watching them fall apart for so long. He finally felt free. His chains were no longer holding his hands together and shutting his mouth but now, they were helping him to fly. Not into the stormy, black sky but they are helping him fly into a bright, blue one. A sky filled with happiness and emotions.

The way it's supposed to be.

The way it was always meant to be.

[][][][][]