41

[][][][][]

"So, um, since you're not gonna ask me anyway, can I ask you?" Kaya suddenly spoke while driving to Chris's house. Chris who was installing a few apps in the new phone he got himself, faced Kaya with a questioning look.

"What?" he asked, oblivious to what Kaya was going to talk about.

Kaya let out a huge sigh and looked at Chris with disappointed eyes.

"About our first date silly!" She said and shook her head before returning her gaze on the road.

"Oh, that!" Chris said flabbergasted as a huge blush made its way across his face and he fiddled with his phone.

"Don't blush. God! you look so cute." Kaya groaned, her eyes still on the road and that just made Chris blush harder.

The ride back was completely silent. Chris wanted to take her somewhere. Somewhere special and he doesn't know where. But the actual problem is, he doesn't know how to drive. 'This is so embarrassing' He groaned to himself.

Once the car came to a halt in front of his house, both of them got out and entered the house before getting their books out and settling down on the couch to do their homework. That was what they did everyday once they were out of school. They would do their homework, watch movies or go shopping. Kaya is trying her best to make it up for Chris's lost childhood and other teen years and Chris couldn't be any happier.

Chris doesn't have to work anymore now. His moms account is now handed over to him and it has enough to last him a few years. For college, he's got to start saving but for now, he's on a break from work.

"So have you called Lara yet?" She asked Chris while doing her homework and Chris shook his head.

"Chris, it's been a week now! It's best if you call her sooner rather than later." She reasoned and Chris sighed. "Fine. I'll call her tomorrow." He said and Kaya smiled as they resumed doing their homework.

But Chris couldn't concentrate. How can he when the person he so unconditionally likes is sitting right next to him, her hair left lose, covering her face like a waterfall shielding a cave filled with treasure. How can he concentrate when every time he tries writing, he writes her name? How can he concentrate on his stupid homework when he can smell her strong vanilla flavored perfume everywhere?

He gave up on writing homework and put down his book on the coffee table. He looked up to see what Kaya was doing only to notice her stare right back at him. She had beautiful eyes. The kind you could get lost in. And Chris just did. He got so lost in them, he couldn't find his way back.

Chris's breathing became ragged, his heart started beating faster and Kaya just gave him a smile. They stared at each other for a really long time. Eye contact is more intimate than words can ever be and now, they were having long, long conversations with their eyes.

Her eyes, her smile, the way she laughs, the way she talks, the way she walks...Chris could stare at her forever. 

But forever soon came to an end when Chris's new phone rang like a death knell that would change his life yet again.

[][][][][]