34

[][][][][]

"So, you want to watch a movie?" Kaya asked pointing at her laptop and Chris shook his head with a smile which seemed to be permanently plastered on his face.

"I gotta go. Father will get angry." He said and picked up his bag. "Isn't anyone here?" he asked.

"Yeah, they are. The staff is out in the backyard with the small kids." Chris nodded.

"Chris," She stopped him, "you should really tell the police about your dad." She said and Chris looked doubtful. But he settled with an answer both would be satisfied with.

"I will. Soon. But not now." He said, "Bye."

"Bye. Are you sure you don't want a ride back?" she asked and he shook his head.

On his way back, it was almost getting dark and by the time he reached home, it was seven thirty in the evening. He knew his dad would be angry and Chris didn't want to face his wrath. So he went to the small backyard of his house and climbed the pipes leading to the window of his room. It was tough to climb with his backpack on, but eventually, he was there.

But what he didn't expect, was to find his father, waiting for him in his room.

Chris froze on spot as he saw his father's back facing him. "What bought you home so late boy?" he growled and Chris started sweating. "I see that you have a child helpline number scribbled on your table." He said menacingly. Chris's father never entered his room before and Chris never thought he ever would.

Chris's father slowly walked towards him and only then did he notice the empty beer bottle in his hand. Chris's eyes widened and he started to shiver, taking a step back, his back hit the wall next to the small window he's come from.

His father's expression looked deadly, murderous and evil.

"How many people did you tell about what happens at home?" He slurred out, still with the resentment clear in his eyes.

Chris felt trapped. He had no escape other than to fight his father and he was not strong enough.

And then, his father lifted the hand that held the bottle and forcefully bought it down on Chris's arms.

[][][][][]