38

[][][][][]

Kaya's POV

Chris was so happy, it bought tears to Kaya's eyes. For the first time, she noticed how big of a smile Chris could actually muster. He looked so cute and so free, she didn't understand how he got into the rough, wild world in the first place.

"I'm free!" He shouted out like a bird set free for the first time since it was born and hugged Kaya with so much force, she thought her ribs would break and still, she wouldn't care. She wouldn't let Chris go. She can't. She's in too deep now to let go.

Kaya stayed with Chris that night, watching movies, eating popcorn and tending to Chris's injured arm.

"It's been ages since I've been in the living room to watch TV, you know." Chris said, stroking Kaya's arm gently as they both cuddled on the couch. "I always used to be here for cleaning up glass pieces or for getting beaten."

"Now we can sit here and watch TV all day." Kaya smiled up at him, flipping his nose as both chuckled.

The smiles on their faces didn't seem to want to leave anytime soon.

"It all looks like a dream Kaya." He said, "But it's a really good one. A good dream." And Kaya smiled up at him as genuinely as one can and for the first time, she saw Chris in the brighter side.

"Then make sure you never wake up from the dream. Cause in my dream, Chris, you smile every second of the day." She said, both of them forgetting about what's playing on the TV as their lips met to form the most silent yet beautiful melody.

[][][][][]