36

[][][][][]

Kaya's POV

Kaya looked at Chris and nodded before driving towards the local police station. She knew he needed medical attention for that bleeding arm, but that should be an evidence to the police and Kaya knew that there was a hospital quite close to the police station.

She wanted to cry for what happened to him. She wanted to kill that bastard who's also Chris's father. But this was to be done first.

As they parked their car, a lady cop who was already outside rushed to them, frowning when she saw Chris's arm.

"What are you kids doing here at this time of the night? And what happened to your arm son?" she asked gently taking Chris's hand in hers.

Chris just looked down at the sandy ground and Kaya knew she had to speak for him.

"We would like to report an abuse case." She said and the police looked up in sympathy before leading them inside.

Kaya explained the police everything and she was kind enough to get someone to call a nurse to the station to tend to Chris's injury once a picture of it was taken.

"I made sure the bleeding has stopped for now, but it's better if you come to the hospital once you're done here." The nurse said with a faint smile and Chris nodded.

"Thank you Lyla. I'll make sure Chris goes to the hospital." The cop, whose name was Ms Lara Emerald thanked the nurse and then held her phone out which had the voice recorder open.

"How long had this been happening Chris?" she asked after she said her name for the recorder to record while there were two other men writing down something regarding Chris's case.

"Since I was eight." Chris answered and Ms Emerald nodded.

"How had your father been hurting you and why have you showed up after eight years of torment?"

"He used to slap me and burn me sometimes..." Chris went on and on and explained a few incidents in detail. Kaya sat next to him, listening to how he suffered throughout his childhood and Ms Emerald flinched a little every time Chris explained how his father used to beat him up and sometimes even tied him up and locked him in a dark bathroom when he was ten. "He threatened to beat me up even more if I spoke about this." He concluded.

"And no one at school noticed anything different about you?" she asked. Kaya knew she shouldn't interrupt but Chris just remained quiet. Kaya rose her hand a little, asking her if she could speak and Ms Emerald let her.

"He was bullied at school too. And I assume you heard about the abuse case at the towns high school," She nodded and Kaya continued, "He was one of the victims ." She said and Ms Emerald let out a deep sigh and looked at Chris with sad eyes.

She asked him a few more questions and Chris obediently answered all of them. Kaya felt a surge of pride looking at him. He was growing stronger.

He had finally done it and Kaya felt happy for him.

He's finally free.

No more abuse. And no more pain.

Looking at Chris, she knew she helped him and that he's now free from himself.

People have two hands, one to help themselves and one to help others and Kaya was content with how she used hers.

[][][][][]