43

[][][][][]

Things were set. Chris got a restraining order in four days and he didn't even have to see his father.

As far as he knew, his father is going to live with Brett from now and he's not going to trouble Chris anymore. That's all that mattered.

Even the adoption thing was settled. Chris would officially move in with Lara Emerald and her daughter Leah after a month. Chris had requested a month because he wanted to live in his house for a while. Without a monster beating him up every time he was there.

"So, just out of curiosity, why didn't you get adopted yet?" Chris asked Kaya out of nowhere, startling her. At the moment Kaya was driving, both of them on their unofficial 'date'.

"Most people would want to adopt kids. Infants. Plus I didn't want to get adopted. I am free in half a year." She answered vaguely and Chris didn't pry for more.

"For the hundredth time. Where are we going?" Chris asked and Kaya just laughed.

"You do know that normally the girl would be asking that question right?" She smiled at him and Chris gave Kaya a pointed look.

"And normally the girl would wait for the guy to ask her out." Chris added and gave her a small smile. At first, Chris though that Kaya was taking him to her old town since she was heading in that direction. But she's crossed it half an hour ago and the curiosity was killing him.

He didn't mind though. Just a few weeks ago, he was worrying about whether he would survive the day or not. If he would live to see tomorrow. And compared to that, getting curious on where Kaya was taking him was way better and happier. He couldn't wish for more.

Before Chris met Kaya, his life was completely shattered. It was like a dictionary with no meanings. But after she came into his life, he was taught how to live. She literally thought him the definition of life.

Before he met her, he never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. All he knew was to hide emotions and go on with what the day had in store for him. But now, all he can do is smile. Smile at Kaya.

He wakes up with a smile on his face and though he doesn't like school and most of the people he's surrounded with, he knows that it's all temporary. But Kaya is permanent. She made it pretty clear that she's not going to leave him like how his mother or Josh did.

[][][][][]