35

[][][][][]

The impact was painful. Chris fell on the floor clutching his hand which was now bleeding with glass shards pierced into him. There were glass pieces everywhere on the floor, decorating it with a pool of deep red.

It was painful. Very painful and tears were streaming down Chris's face. He looked up to see his dad looking at him with guilty eyes but it quickly changed back to the hateful look in no time.

Sadist. He was a sadist.

"Clean the glass pieces once you're done weeping." He shouted and left the room.

Chris stared at his arm only to close his eyes. It was bleeding profusely and there were bruises forming where there was no blood.

He stood up with great difficulty and went to the small attached bathroom and took out the glass shards carefully. Every time he tried, he winced so hard, he was scared his father will come back. Finally, once the glass was carefully removed, he put his arm under the water but it stung. The bleeding didn't stop and Chris knew he had to go to the hospital if he didn't want to bleed to death, but didn't know how.

The only option he had was to call Kaya for a ride to the hospital since he was sure he wouldn't be able to make it if he walked. He slowly tiptoed to the landline, still clutching his arm and dialed Kaya's number.

"Hello?" she answered after two rings.

"Will you be able to come pick me up? Please?" Chris whispered very softly making sure that his dad who's in the kitchen wouldn't be able to hear.

"Chris? What happened?" Kaya sounded worried. When Chris kept quiet, Kaya immediately answered, "I'll be there." She said and cut the call.

Chris went back to his room and looked at the mess. Not bothering to do anything, he climbed out of the window. Climbing down turned out to be difficult with an injured and bleeding arm but he got down and ran to the front without making much noise. His hand started bleeding even more but he didn't care.

He stood a few yards away from his house and once Kaya's car came into view, he quickly got in it.

"What hap-" Kaya started but cut off when she noticed Chris's arm. "Oh my God. What happened?" She asked him, panic lacing her voice.

"Dad." Chris painfully choked out. "It's getting too much Kaya. Go to the police station." He said and he was ready. This is getting too much. Before it only used to be a slap, or small stabs, but this was too much and Chris had enough. He's scared shitless, but he's ready to open up.

Chris is ready to get some help now.

[][][][][]