Chapter 1

Amberkit opened her eyes to see her mother's golden face staring down at her in worry. Her mother left out a sigh as Amberkit scrambled to her paws, she winced in pain as her front right paw stepped on the ground.

"Thank SunClan!" Sunsetshimmer purred, licking Amberkit all over.

"What happened?" Amberkit asked, confused.

"A badger attack happened. You were right behind me when we left the den, but when your littermates and I got to the Tall Stone, I realized you were gone. You were helping your father with the badger. You are so reckless but you have your fathers bravery." Sunsetshimmer meowed, "The badger was on top of your father, about to kill him but you were there just in time to get the badger distracted so Tigerflame could get out from underneath and attack the badger, but the badger was to close to you and it attacked, Birchkit risked his life for you, you are lucky to survive a badger bite for your age. Heatherfrost has been working on you day and night. Not taking her eyes off you."

"Where are Sandkit, Redkit, Gorsekit, Finchkit and my other denmates?" Amberkit asked looking around to spot them.

"They aren't here right now. Ravenkit got injured as well and Mossykit has a sprained paw." Heatherfrost meowed padding into the den.

"What about my littermates?" Amberkit asked, trying to scramble to her paws, but collapsing again.

"Sandkit is well, same as Redkit and Finchkit but Gorsekit had quite a fall off the Tall Stone after the badger attack." Heatherfrost mewed, checking Amberkit's wounds.

Amberkit flinched as Heatherfrost dabbed some chervil and goldenrod onto Amberkit's wounds. "Your wounds aren't as bad as I thought but you can't be running around with your littermates, you can go back to the nursery but you must rest for two sunrises." Heatherfrost meowed, "also come to me every night for some poppy seeds to ease the pain."

Amberkit nodded and slowly walked out of the den.

"Amberkit!" Mossykit exclaimed, limping over to her. Sandkit, Finchkit, Cedarkit, Leopardkit, and Redkit followed, almost knocking her off her paws with licks and purrs.

"You're able to come back to the nursery!" Cedarkit exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm all good. But I can't play for two sunrises." Amberkit explained.

"Have you seen Gorsekit?" Sandkit asked.

"No, not yet. He is too wounded for others to see him. He took quite a fall." Amberkit mewed glancing back towards the medicine den. "Also how is your paw?" Amberkit asked Mossykit.

"It's okay." Mossykit meowed, stretching her paw.

"Now kits, we don't want Amberkit's wounds to open up again, so don't play with her until Heatherfrost says you can, okay?" Sunsetshimmer meowed, padding towards to circle of kits.

"Yes, Sunsetshimmer." They all said in union.

The kits headed to the nursery. "Look what we made when we were redoing the nursery." Finchkit mewed, gesturing his tail towards one of the nursery walls.

"We tied ivy to the wall then put acorns on top and we see who gets to it first." Redkit meowed.

Cedarkit jumped onto the ivy and climbed up it, around half way he dropped. "It's a race." He mewed. Amberkit glanced around at the other walls. They weren't the bracken that kept the nursery together, it was brambles. There were four nests in the den. Was a new queen moving in?

"You noticed the new nest." Sunsetshimmer meowed.

"Who is it for?" Amberkit asked.

"It's for you because your littermates shift around and I don't want you to open up your wounds again." Sunsetshimmer meowed.

Into The Forestजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें