Chapter 30

*Back to Amberstones POV(Howl)*

Howl looked up as her name was called.

"You are to show Smudge around the camp and the forest." Leopard meowed.

Howl nodded. "Yes Leopard."

Smudge padded over to the ginger she-cat. "Where are we going to explore?" He asked.

"The Large Oak Tree." Howl meowed over her shoulder as she padded out of camp. Smudge bounded up to her, and kept pace through the forest.      

"This is the Large Oak Tree, an owl lives up at the top and squirrels always come here to collect nuts. But mice never show up because of the owl." Howl meowed.

Some bracken shuffled and Curlstep, Darkflare and Rustpelt pushed their way through.

Howl swallowed back a gasp. "What do you want?" She snarled.

"We have come to join the group." Curlstep bowed her head.

Howl frowned. "What are your names?" She asked.

"I'm Curl, this is Dark and that is Rusty." Curlstep mewed, crouching down in defeat. Darkflare and Rustpelt copied.

Smudge looked expectedly at Howl.

"Come." Howl flicked her tail at the Clan cats.

"We have more friends who have come along with us." Curlstep meowed.

"Go fetch them." Howl ordered.

"What do we do?" Smudge whispered.

"We bring them back to camp and let Leopard deal with them." Howl hissed.

Smudge nodded and shook his head.

Curlstep reappeared with more cats from the other Clans.

Runningripple, and Dustpelt from NightClan, and from StreamClan was Firesong and Larkwing.

"What are these cats names?" Smudge asked.

"I'm Ripple." Runningripple meowed.

"I'm Dust, this is Lark and-" Dustpelt got cut off.

"And I'm Fire." Firesong interrupted.

Howl dipped her head to the cats. "Follow me to camp, and don't even think about attacking or running in front." She snarled at the cats.

They followed her back to the camp.

"Before you enter, you need to clean yourself up." Howl ordered.

Curlstep groomed her chest while Firesong licked his paws. The rest of the group groomed themselves as well.

"Okay, Leopard can be a bit cranky but if you listen to what Shadow and her have to say, then you will be okay." Howl meowed over her shoulder.

Cats were sprawling out around the clearing. They looked up at as Howl brought the cats into camp.

Shadow padded forwards. "Who are these?" He snarled.

"They are cats that Smudge and I have found." Howl squared up to the black tom.

Shadow huffed. "I'll get Leopard." He turned and stalked away.

Moments later, the dappled she-cat cam out of her den.

"You have found more recruits!" She purred.

"Maybe she's not that bad." Howl heard a cat whisper from behind her.

"Yes I have." Howl dipped her head, Smudge copied.