Chapter 21

~Applestar POV~

Applestar glanced at his golden mate as she padded by, Amberstone looked at him for a heartbeat, then looked away.

Applestar sighed and rested his head on his paws. He only looked up when a dark ginger cat padded towards him.

Redsun flicked her tail, "So, you and Amberstone got in a fight?"

Applestar slightly nodded, staring after his golden mate as her tail disappeared from sight.

"What did you do?" Redsun asked, her ears pricked.

"I brought up... Dewstar." He meowed, glancing down at his paws.

Redsun gasped and shook her head. "You shouldn't have." She mewed.

"I know, I didn't realize until his name came out of my mouth. I know she is still grieving." Applestar stood up and shook out his brown pelt.

Redsun asked. "How come you didn't follow her?" She tilted her head at the brown tom.

"I... i didn't know what was happening." Applestar meowed, stretching.

"Then go apologize to her," Redsun meowed, looking the tom in the eyes.

Applestar shrank in his pelt. "I don't know what to say..."

"Then go-" Redsun mew got cut off as a screech rang through the forest.

"That sounds like Amberstone!" Applestar raced for the camp entrance. His pelt spiked with fear.

"Help!" Lillypatch raced into view, her ears pinned back and eyes wild.

"What happened?" Applestar demanded.

"There are rogues, a lot of them, and they came, took our prey and attacked us!" Lillypatch gasped for breath.

Applestar looked around camp, the cats pelts were fluffed up with fear. "Everyone who can fight come along with me, Redsun, Gorsebush, Frostbite and Sunsetshimmer, attack from their side. Dawnstripe, Softlake, Dewyleaf, and Oneear, you stay and guard the camp and nursery, the elders will help." Applestar ran out of camp, Lillypatch showing the way.

Amberstone was cornered by two cats, she was trying not to show her face. Applestar leapt at one of the rogues and plummeting its stomach. The cat hissed and sized up to the leader. "You shall pay," it snarled then dashed off after its friends.

Amberstone slowly looked up, her eyes was swollen closed, and her scar on her flank was re-opened. She struggled to stand and Applestar raced towards her. She collapsed onto his shoulder as he helped her walk back to camp. Whitefrost joined on her others side. Coldbreeze was limping, but nothing seemed too bad. Fernseed looked like there was a scratch on her flank.

Cats gasped as they noticed their Clanmates padding into camp. Redsun padded over to her sister. She looked at Applestar, raising her eyes brows.

Applestar shook his head, then let Redsun take his place.

He glanced over his body, and noticed that he has a cut in his leg, and half an ear missing. He sighed and settled down in his nest.

Sorry for the short Chapters. Also that I haven't been posting as much as I want too
~Terra