Chapter 7

~Complete~

Amberpaw blinked awake as shuffling woke her. Redpaw was shifting and mumbling in her sleep, Amberpaw stretched her ears, straining to her what she was mumbling about.

"Please, help, I want to get back to StormClan, please! Help!" Redpaw shot up and jumped as she realized Amberpaw was watching her. Redpaw flattened her ears back for half a second, then realized it was just her sister. Her heart was beating, and her breath was heavy. Redpaw slunk down back into her nest, trying to calm herself.

"What happened?" Amberpaw asked. "Why do you needed help?"

"I want to get back to our mother, Sunsetshimmer." Redpaw meowed.

"But, Leopardstar is our mother." Amberpaw perked her ears.

"But was Leopardtsra there when we got night mares? No, Sunsetshimmer was. Was Leopardstar there when we got belly aches? No, Sunsetshimmer was." Redpaw protested.

Amberpaw nodded. "How come we don't get to speak for ourselves? How come we didn't get a choice? How come we got dragged here? No one wats to be in this sticky place!"

"Exactly!" Redpaw meowed, her voice tingling with excitement.

"Amberpaw!" Called a voice outside.

"Coming!" Amberpaw called, then lowering her voice, she whispered to her sister. "We'll talk about this later."

Redpaw nodded. Amberpaw flicked her tail in farewell then came out into the NightClan clearing.

Stonehenge was standing at the entrance with Smallpaw at his side along with some other cat she didn't know. Stonehenge led them to a rotten log, in a dirt clearing.

"We are going to practise battlemoves." Meowed a brown tom.

Smallpaw nodded and crouched into his stance. Amberpaw lowered herself to the ground. Smallpaw launched himself at her, taking her in surprise, not realizing they were starting. Amberpaw slipped out from under him, flipping him onto his back. Smallpaw let out a yowl of frustration and leaped at her, claws sheathed. He clipped her on the shoulder and she grunted in pain. She felt blood trickle down her soft ginger pelt. His claws sliced her ear and grabbed her throat, she went limp, and he relaxed his grip. She flipped onto him, pressing her paws onto his shoulders.

"That's enough." The brown tom yowled. Amberpaw climbed off of the small tom and licked her shoulder. The blood already dry. Her ear stung, but she didn't want to complain, so she ignored the pain.

"You two, go back to camp and get your wounds checked out." Stonehenge meowed.

"Dustpelt! Did I do good?" Smallpaw asked, bouncing around his mentor.

"You did okay, for your first time." Dustpelt meowed.

Smallpaw bounded back to camp, Amberpaw chased him. They raced through the forest, tripping over brambles and roots. The ran into camp, and slid to a halt. Smallpaw led her to a little cave. A brown tom looked up, from were he was sorting leaves. He picked up some leaves and went to Amberpaw.

She flinched as the juice touches her wounds.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you like that," Smallpaw meowed, from where he was standing. He had no scratches on im, because Amberpaw didn't want to hurt her new Clanmate.

Once her wounds were treated, they both went and got fresh-kill, Amberpaw took a vole, while Smallpaw got himself a blackbird.

When Amberpaw finished her prey, a shriek interrupted the quiet clearing.