Chapter 27

A paw nudged Amberstone as the sun warmed her back. She looked up and saw Shadow standing over her.

"Morning patrol," Shadow grunted, then padded out of the den.

Amberstone sighed and heaved herself to her paws. Daisy, Shine and Bark were standing at the entrance.

Amberstone followed the cats down a trail and up a hill.. "So, how do you like your new name, Howl?"

"Great!" Amberstone tried to look happy, but she secretly sighed inwards.

"How was the Place, supposedly they added badgers and another animal, something called 'raccoons'." Bark looked at the new 'rebel'.

"I only saw badgers, wolves and foxes, but there could have been these animals called 'raccoons'." Amberstone looked at the large dark brown tom.

The brown shrugged and continued up the hill. They came to the Clan borders, Daisy slowed, and Shine gave Bark an uneasy glance.

Bark marked his scent more in the Clan territory.

Cats padded out of the bushes.

Bark bristled. Shine and Daisy both looked at each other, then flattened their ears.

Redsun was in the lead, Coldbreeze, Frostbite and Sandlift followed her.

"What are you doing in StormClan territory?" Coldbreeze accused.

"Taking what's ours." Bark snarled at the gray tom.

"Don't," Amberstone warned the brown tom.

"Why?" Bark asked, his eyes filled with hate.

"Because we don't know if we can beat them," Amberstine quickly meowed.

"But..." Bark tried to protest.

Amberstone just flicked her tail and led the dark brown tom away. She felt her old Clanmates gaze linger on her back.

She padded down the trail and into the forest. Shine and Daisy hesitated, then followed the cats.

Coldbreeze muttered. "We're not scared of you!"

Bark whirled around and snarled. "Say that again!"

"We're not scared of you!" Coldbreeze hissed.

Bark lunged at the gray tom. Coldbreeze scrambled back, just as the brown tom snapped at his neck.

Coldbreeze hissed with hate and his gray paws wrapped around the brown toms throat.

Bark stared at the gray tom, his eyes wide.

"Coldbreeze! Let him go!" Amberstone called to the gray tom.

Coldbreeze glanced at his old apprentice and staggered backwards.

Bark scrambled to his paws. "Be ready, Clan cat." He hissed. "We'll come for you!" With that the brown tom stalked away.

Sorry for not posting all the time. School life is busy! Especially High School. I'll try to post as much as possible and probably some of the Chapters are going to be short

~Terra