Chapter 9

~Complete~

"BreezeClan will..." Windstar meowed. "BreezeClan will help StormClan if there is a battle."

"Thank you!" Applestar meowed.

"Curlpaw! Swirlwing! Escort these cats out." Windstar meowed, heading back into her den, her eyes glazed with fear.

"Wow! I've never seen Windstar so quiet before." Curlpaw meowed to Amberpaw.

"Thanks." Amberpaw meowed, nudging her.

Curlpaw and Amberpaw walked in silence through the moor. Amberpaw missed the trees over her head, she wasn't use to the wind trying to flip her off her paws.

The group of cats got to the StormClan border and mewed their goodbyes.

Applestar ran through the forest back to camp, his patrol following. He slowed at the fern hollow and walked into camp. The cats turned to look, Fernseed was under the Tall Stone. She looked up and saw the four cats.

"Amberpaw!" Redpaw meowed, coming out of the apprentices den. "Where were you?"

"I had to talk to Applestar about something." Amberpaw meowed.

Redpaw nodded and padded away.

*

*

*

*

*

This was it! Her warrior assessment! She was bouncing on her paws, waiting for it to start, after this, there will be no more apprentices, so they would probably have to do it.

"Ready?" Coldbreeze asked.

Amberpaw circled her mentor. "Yes!"

Redpaw and her littermates raced after them, along with Ravenpaw, Leopardpaw, Mossypaw, and Cedarpaw.

"Let's go." Goldenecho meowed. The littermates scampered after her as they raced out of the fern hollow, and into the forest.

"The first assessment is how well you hunt by yourself. Your own mentor will judge on how well you do, and how much has your stance has improved." Mistystream meowed.

"The hunting starts..." Coldbreeze yowled. "Now!"

The littermates split up and went their own ways. Amberpaw ran towards the StreamClan border. She knew Coldbreeze was following her because his pawsteps were heavy on the ground.

The scent of squirrel was thick in the air. She crouched down and placed each pawstep on the ground softly. She flattened her ears so it couldn't see her and she stiffened her tail, her took a few more pawsteps until it was close enough, she leapt at it and gave it a swift killing bite. "Thank you SunClan for this prey, may it rest in peace in its hunting grounds." Amberpaw whispered.

"Nice kill." Coldbreeze meowed, coming out behind some ferns.

"Thanks." Amberpaw meowed, flicking her tail happily.

"Let's get back to camp, and if you find any more prey, you may hunt it." Coldbreeze meowed.

Amberpaw nodded and grabbed her prey, Coldbreeze had left her. Another waft of prey swarmed over her. A vole was scuffling through the forest floor. She shot at it and gave it a swift bite. She came back to camp with a mouse, a vole and a fat squirrel.

Redpaw had a vole and two mice at her paws. Finchpaw had a sparrow and a squirrel and Sandpaw had a rabbit.

"Where's Gorsepaw?" Redpaw asked as Amberpaw set down her prey.

Amberpaw shook her head. "I haven't seen him, has Goldenecho come back?"

Redpaw looked around the camp, then shook her head.

A shriek shook the forest, it sounded like Goldenecho, Gorsepaw bolted into camp. "It's Leopardstar! She's attacking!"

Horror seeped through the camp.

Sorry, this isn't a long Chapter and if you have any comments then feel free to ask.
~Terra