Chapter 8

"I..." Blackear started. "I do."

The Clan called Blackears name.

*

*

*

*
The moonlight was shining through the trees as the winds ruffled the forest floor. Amberpaw stalked a sparrow as it hopped to find some prey for itself. Amberpaw lowered herself to the forest floor,and just as she was about to pounce an echoing voice sounded in the forest.

"The Amber stone with shine when the Red sun touches, the Finches wing will lift the Sand out of the Gorse, to defeat the Leopard."

A gray and white cat appeared in her vision. Amberpaw narrowed her eyes and realized that it was Dewstar.

"I'm sorry! I should have helped you, but I just stood and watched you get killed , I'm so sorry." Amberpaw blurted out before she realized.

"It's not your fault. I risked my life for you and your littermates, so you five could get back to your Clan, but be careful. Leopardstar will lash out at any time, don't wander the forest alone, tell Applestar to send out more patrols with more cats, and be ready for an attack." Dewstar meowed, the forest fading around him, all their were was stars and a view of the future. Blood was every where and the only one standing was Amberpaw and her littermates, they we surrounded by Leopardstar and her warriors. Leopardstar hissed.

"This isn't what I wanted but you left so I did it." And with that she killed them all, one by one.

Amberpaw gasped as she realized that she and her littermates need to get back to NightClan, or bad things will happen.

"Amberpaw, see what I mean?" Dewstar meowed. "This is what is going to happen if you don't choose now, but that is one path, you can choose another."

"Amberpaw, wake up." Coldbreeze shook her.

Amberpaw sat up and ran past her mentor.

"Amberpaw?" Coldbreeze called after her. But she ignored it.

Amberpaw raced into the leaders den, panting. "Applestar! I need to tell you something important!"

Applestar was talking with Blackear, he looked up as he heard his name. "What is it?"

"Dewstar came to me last night," Amberpaw mewed. "He said that Leopardstar is going to attack soon and we need to sent out more patrols with more cats and we need to be ready for her attack, I saw a vision of the future. And Dewstar said that, that was one of the paths, we can choose another one." Amberpaw managed to say that all in one breath, she breathed hard, re-catching her breath.

Applestar looked at Blackear, Blackear twitched his tail and padded out of the den. After moments later he came back with Heatherfrost.

"What is it?" Heatherfrost asked.

"SunClan came to Amberpaw last night. Amberpaw repeat what you said to us," Applestar meowed.

Amberpaw repeated her words. Heatherfrost nodded, soaking it all up.

"We need to warn the other Clans." Heatherfrost meowed. "Applestar, you take some other cats with you, you may choose but you have to take Amberpaw."

Applestar nodded and meowed. "I'll take Blackear, Amberpaw, and Coldbreeze."

Applestar padded out from his den, Amberpaw trailing behind. "Coldbreeze!"

Coldbreeze climbed up the tumble of rocks to his leader. "Yes?"

"You are coming with us to warn the other Clans about Leopardstar." Applestar meowed. "Fernseed!"

"Yes?" The light brown she-cat asked.

"You are in charge of camp until I get back."Applestar meowed.

Fernseed nodded.

Applestar headed out of camp, the three cats close behind. They crossed the forest and headed to StreamClan first. A StreamClan patrol found them and brought them to Longstar.

The long-furred cream tabby tom was sitting outside his den.

"We have matters to discuss." Applestar meowed.

Longstar nodded and flicked his tail towards the opening of the den.

Amberpaw re-said the vision she had.

Longstar looked thoughtful, he was the oldest leader in the Clans. "We will help you if your Clan needs help with the battle." He finally meowed after long moments of silence.

Applestar nodded and stepped into the clearing.

Amberpaw saw Dawnpaw waving her tail. Amberpaw smiled.

Applestar led the cats onto BreezeClan's territory. Curlpaw and another cat Amberpaw didn't know greeted them and brought them to camp.

"You better be careful with her," Curlpaw warned and joined her brother in the sidelines.

"We have matters to discuss." Applestar meowed to Windstar.

Windstar glanced around. "You have no other cats following you?"

"No, of course not." Blackear meowed. Applestar looked at his deputy.

"We need to speak to you alone." Applestar meowed.

"If you speak to me, you speak to my Clan." Windstar hissed.

Applestar dipped his head and looked at Amberpaw. Amberpaw slowly came forward and meowed. "Last night, Dewstar came to me and warned me about Leopardstar, he said not just one Clan will be harmed, but all. He said that Leopardstar wants revenge for StormClan taking away her kits that she stole. He showed me a vision and it involved every Clan dead and blood reeked the forest, no prey was insight, nothing but blood, and fungi."

Windstar looked stunned. "BreezeClan will..."