Chapter 18

When I was writing the Chapter before and this Chapter, I was actually crying. I don't know why, but I just was. It was sad to me, but some people might not think it is sad, but I honestly don't know why I was crying.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————
"Amberstone!" Called a voice far away. "Please! Wake up!"

Amberstone tried to open her eyes, but they were sealed shut. She blacked out.

*

*

*

*

"Amberstone? Please, don't die!" Cried a voice, it was Applestars.

She felt his warm body next to hers.

"Come on! Heatherfrost, is she going to be alright?" Applestar asked, grief thick in his throat.

"I don't know..." Heatherfrost's voice sounded sad.

*

*

*

Amberstone awoke in the medicine den. She tried to sit up, but she couldn't move. She looked around and saw Applestar's eyes light up happily.

"I'm so glad your awake!" His nose touching hers. "You were passed out for nearly three sunrises."

Amberstone frowned, her neck hurt and her belly was plastered with herbs.

"Can you talk? Can you see?" Applestar asked, worry building up in his throat.

Amberstone's vision was blurry and she couldn't open her mouth. She somewhat nodded.

Applestar sighed, and meowed. "Heatherfrost!"

A gray and brown shape appeared next to Amberstone.

"Yea?" Heatherfrost asked the leader.

"She says she can't talk." Applestar meowed.

"How can she say she can't talk?" Heatherfrost asked, her tail tip twitching.

"I asked her if she can talk and she shook her head." Applestar meowed, climbing into the nest with Amberstone. His body let off warmth.

"She will be able to talk once her wounds have healed." Heatherfrost meowed.

"Can I see my littermates?" Amberstone asked, surprise sparked her eyes.

"Uh..." Heatherfrost looked at Applestar.

"Well..." Applestar looked at his paws.

"What?!" Amberstone demanded.

"Finchwing... she didn't... make it." Heatherfrost meowed.

"What." Amberstone's voice was barely a whisper. Grief welled up in her throat. She struggled to stand, but she managed. "I need to see her."

"I can show you where we buried her." Applestar offered.

"No!" Heatherfrost meowed. "She must heal before she can do anything. Her wounds can open and she may die."

Amberstone settled down, wincing in pain as her belly hit the ground. "Tell me what other cats have died."

"Finchwing, Leopardheart, Foxleap, Tallpoppy, and Hollytuft." Applestar listed the cats.

"Any others? What about from the other Clans?" Amberstone asked.

"From NightClan, Leopardstar, Smalltail, and Grayscale, their deputy, that is why NightClan retreated." Heatherfrost meowed, not looking up from what she was doing.

"From BreezeClan-" Applestar started but Amberstone cut him off.

"Leopardstar died? But doesn't she have nine lives?"

"The one blow hit the right spot and killed her instantly." Heatherfrost meowed, padding over to Amberstone with a pulp.

"From BreezeClan, Curlstep got badly wounded. Freezebreeze got killed. And from StreamClan, Longstar lost a life, Honeysap got killed as well as Snowstripe." Applestar filled her in.

Amberstone nodded, her eyes getting heavy. She closed her eyes, grief thick in her dreams.