Chapter 13

"I don't want to be here," Amberstone meowed.

Icebreaker looked surprised. "Well then..."

Hawkstar dipped his head respectfully. "Are you sure? You could become the most powerful cat in all the Clans!" He meowed.

"Let me introduce you to a cat that has been training here for quite some time and now they are deputy of their Clan."  Icebreaker meowed, flicking his tail to a small gray tom.

"Jayfang?" Amberstone mewed, trying to hide the surprise in her voice.

Jayfang dipped his head. "They said I would become leader one day, and right now I'm deputy, I'm one step closer then I thought I would be." Jayfang meowed, looking at the two cats.

Amberstone wasn't convinced. "I still don't want to be here." She meowed, her voice stronger.

Icebreaker tail fell. "I thought you would say that, but if you don't want to be here, then you don't."

*

*

*

"Amberstone! Wake up!" A brown tom shook her shoulder.

Amberstone opened her eyes to see Applestar. Embarrassment crept through her pelt.

"You're coming with me on a midnight patrol." Applestar meowed.

Amberstone nodded and padded out of camp after him. She followed him through the forest.

"I didn't know young cats could sleep that long." Applestar teased.

Amberstone looked at her paws. "I didn't mean to,"

"I know you didn't, and only Foxleap can sleep that long, it looks like he has competition." Applestar meowed.

Amberstone smiled and continued after the tom. "I know there is something you want to tell me," Amberstone meowed. "Patrols don't have just two cats on it."

Applestar looked away.

"Tell me," Amberstone meowed, stopping the leader. "I will listen. Sit down."

Applestar meowed. "The day before I got my warrior name, my half-brother came to me."

Amberstone looked at the tom, she knew Mossybirch and Cedarbranch had a brother who saved Amberstone.

"He said 'The Amber stone will shine when the Red sun touches, the Finches wing will lift the Sand out of the Gorse, to defeat the Leopard.' At that time I didn't know what it men't but now I know that you and your littermates have to do something to defeat Leopardstar." Applestar meowed, looking at the ginger she-cat.

"Well, you don't know if it means Leopardstar, it could be Leopardheart." Amberstone mewed, but not thinking it could be her friend.

"I know, but I have a gut feeling that it is Leopardstar." Applestar meowed.

"Same. When I had the vision of Leopardstar attacking, I received the same prophecy." Amberstone meowed, looking at her paws.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Applestar asked.

"I didn't realize." Amberstone replied.

"It's okay." Applestar meowed.

"Is that why you came?" Amberstone asked.

"Where?" Applestar asked, frowning.

"Did you come just to talk to me about it?" Amberstone asked.

"I guess." Applestar meowed, his voice weakening from thought.

"Then lets get back to camp." Amberstone meowed, getting to her paws.

Applestar's pelt slightly brushed hers as they padded into camp.

"You two were gone for a pretty long time," Redsun meowed, curiosity glistening in her eyes. "And you two walked into camp with your pelts brushing."

"It's not what you think," Amberstone meowed, if cats could blush, she sure did.

"Okay..." Redsun meowed. "Sure."

"I don't even like him!" Amberstone meowed, brushing past her sister.

Deep down, Amberstone felt something, she couldn't place a paw on it. She shook out her pelt and climbed into her new nest. She didn't think she liked Applestar, well he was kind of cute, she thought he was kind and caring, but she think she liked him. Well maybe she did but she didn't know it.