Chapter 23

"What will your undercover name be?" Whitefrost asked, as they headed past the border.

"My name will be Sorrel." Sorrelstep meowed.

Whitefrost nodded. "I'll be Snowy... I guess."

"Snowy?" Amberstone asked. "You're going to be Snowy? Isn't that a she-cats name?"

"So?" Whitefrost challenged. "What is your name going to be?"

"Goldy." She meowed, staring the tom in the eyes.

"Okay... whatever." Whitefrost meowed.

"Lets go, Snowy." Amberstone meowed.

They padded a bit more out of the forest until a group of cats came up to them.

"What are you doing on our territory?" A large dark brown tom asked.

"We would like to join your group!" Sorrelstep meowed, pretending to look small and scared.

Amberstone copied, Whitefrost crouched down, bowing his head.

"What are your names?" Asked a small cream she-cat.

"I'm Goldy and this is Sorrel and Snowy." Amberstone meowed.

"Okay... but isn't Snowy a she-cat name?" Asked the small cream she-cat.

"Yeah, he got his name from is mother." Amberstone nodded. His mothers name was Snowywish and she died when he was born, but her name was still in his mind.

"Okay..." The large brown tom meowed. "I'm Bark and this is Daisy."

Daisy waved her tail and followed the large tom down a trail. The walked for a bit until the tom came to a halt. "So, our leaders name is Leopard and you don't want to piss her off."

Whitefrost and Amberstone both looked at eachother.

"Come on." Daisy meowed.

The three Clancats followed the rogues into the camp.

Leopard was a large, muscular golden spotted she-cat, a complete copy of Leopardstar.

Sorrelstep gulped and dipped her head in greeting.

Leopards eyes were a bright green, she narrowed them as the cats came into view.

"You look like my kit..." Leopard meowed, looking at Amberstone.

"Um... what was your kits name?" Amberstone asked.

"Sunset, Hawk and Leopard." The leader meowed.

"Well, I'm Sunset's kit." Amberstone nodded.

"But didn't they join the Clans?" Leopard snarled.

"Sunset left and trekked around until falling in love with another rogue named Tiger." Amberstone meowed.

"Okay..." Leopard didn't look convinced. "She could have came back." Hurt shone in the leaders eyes.

"She told me, that when she dies to find the group she was born in. She couldn't remember the way, but on my journey I came across these two and they helped me get here, they decided to stay with me." Amberstone lied.

"Well, welcome to my group!" Leopard bounded off the place she was standing on and padded to her kin. She touched noses and meowed. "You have a nasty scar and you smell like the Clans."

"Well, we had a bit of a fight but we beat them." Whitefrost meowed.

Sorrelstep was looking around the camp, her eyes resting on the large brown tom, Bark.

"So, before you can join, you will be put through the Testing." A black tom meowed, padding to the Clancats.

They all looked at eachother and back to the black tom.

"My name is Shadow." The tom meowed. "Tomorrow, you will be put in the Place and you have to fight your way out, you may die, but you have to prove that you are able to fight and survive."

Whitefrost bowed his head, but his eyes showed that he was scared.

"You may take any prey tonight, but tomorrow you will be hunting for yourself and then the Testing will begin." Shadow meowed.

"Does every new cat have to do this?" Amberstone asked.

Sorrelstep mewed her agreement.

"Every new comer has to be put in the Place." Shadow meowed.

"So... what if you die? What happens?" Sorrelstep asked.

"Then your soul is trapped and you can never be free." Bark called across the camp.

Whitefrost's eyes grew wide, but then dipped his head to the cats.

"Choose your prey and then go to the den over at the cliff." Leopard meowed.

One the cats finished gulping down their prey, they padded out the den.

"I don't like the sound of this." Sorrelstep meowed, her voice scared

"Me neither but we have to survive and then get the groups trust." Amberstone agreed.

Whitefrost rested his head on his paws and closed his eyes. "Lets get some sleep so we are awake tomorrow."

Sorrelstep nodded and shook out her pelt and closed her eyes.

Moments later she was woken up by a cat nudging her. Daisy was standing over her. "Come on, I have to tell you something."

Amberstone frowned then followed the small she-cat.

Daisy shuffled into a corner and sat down. Amberstone followed and settled down.

"What is it?" Amberstone asked.

"I know you are from the Clans." Daisy meowed. "I can recognize StormClan's scent."

"You... are you going to tell?" Amberstone asked.

Daisy shook her head. "No, I was from StormClan as well, my Clan name is Daisyleaf. I was sent here along time ago by Dewstar. Did he send you?"

"No, Applestar did." Amberstone meowed.

"Dewstar is dead?" Daisy barely choked out his name.

"Yeah. Leopardstar killed him."

Daisy squeaked sadly. "When I heard that you were Sunset's kit I knew straight away that Sunset is still in the Clan, when I left I was a new warrior and Sunset was Sunsetpaw. Did she get her warrior name?"

"Yeah, she is Sunsetshimmer." Amberstone meowed.

"And what is your Clan name?" Daisy asked.

"Amberstone." Amberstone meowed quietly.

"You better get some rest and be ready tomorrow." Daisy meowed.

Amberstone shuffled backwards and padded to the den. She laid down on the cold stone floor and drifted to sleep.