Chapter 12: Mal Returns

Heidi's POV

As I walk into the center of the underworld I notice that I am not alone. "Hi Heidi." My brother said faking enthusiasm. "Hello brother, what are you doing here?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer. "Waiting for you to come home." I take off my fur coat. "Really? Here I am so you can go do something else?" I push past him, "I need to talk to you." I could the urgency in his voice, "Of course you do, but it will have to wait until morning." I was almost out of the main area, when Hadie spoke up again. "Father said the furies have escaped Tartarus." That one comment stopped me dead in my tracks, I turn my heels towards him. "What did you say?" Hadie's face was all seriousness, my eyes went wide as I remembered the three women at the fish & chip shop. "You didn't see 3 women in red today, did you?" Hadie asked. I bit my lip, not sure on if I should tell him, "No I didn't, but that is impossible, the furies can't be here, and even if they are they wouldn't be able to use their magic." Hadie let out a long sigh, "Father said they have always been here. They got banished here at the same time as your father and the rest of his goons did," I let out a little laugh, "If that is true then why haven't I seen them around?" I questioned. "Father banished them to Tartarus until he said otherwise." I looked at my brother confused, "If father put them in Tartarus, then how did they escape?" Hadie huffed, "Pain and Panic." As soon as those words left his lips I threw my hands up, "Son of a demon," I said. Flopping down on the cold hard floor, "What does father have to say about all of this?" Hadie sat down next to me, "He was angrier than I have ever seen him, the whole underworld shook." I let a laugh, "Laugh if you want to, but you know he will take all this out on us." As soon as I heard that my laughter stopped. "I know, he always finds a way to blame us." My shoulders shank just thinking about it. I stood up and grabbed my coat, "Well I have had a long day, and my bed is calling me." Hadie stood up, "I hate you." I smile kissing his cheek, "yeah, yeah, I hate you too." I enter my bedroom throwing my fur coat on the couch. I pull my black pajama bottoms and my black tank top. I walk over to my makeup station, I wipe off the makeup I had on today, as I was about to take off my hook necklace, but as I looked at myself in the mirror, I smile thinking about how much fun I had with Harry tonight. I choose to leave the necklace on. I take off my fancy dress top, my black bra, and slipped on my tank top. I then take off my black heels, and my black jeans slipping on my pajamas pants. I throw my clothes in the hamper and walk up my steps, I pull a hair tie out of my nightstand, I pull my hair up in a ponytail. Getting to bed, I pulled the black light out fabric, as it falls around my bed. I close my eyes, the last thing I thought of was what tomorrow might bring.

I awoke the next morning and stretched, I climb out of bed, and head right for the shower. After my shower, I put on an outfit, and apply my makeup. Once I look fabulous I walk out my bedroom and smack into something hard, and wet. I look up at what I ran into. "EW!" I scream it was my brother and he was only in a towel. "You're the first girl to ever say that. I just ignore that comment. "What are you doing in the hallway looking like that?" I gesture to his towel. "I lost one of earring." I see a black diamond stud laying in front of me. I pick it up and hand it to him, "Here. Now please for all that is evil, go put on some clothes." Hadie mumbles under his breath as he goes into his room. I walk downstairs, only to be stopped by my father, "Where do you think you are going?" he asked darkly, "I am going to cause as much chaos, and destruction as I can in one day." I smile a sweet smile at him, "That's what I wanted to hear, have fun." Father says, he pushes me off to the side just as Hadie comes down fully dressed. "There he is, the future of the underworld." Father says slinging his arm over Hadie shoulder. The two of them walk over. I shake the thoughts out of my head and make my way to the surface. As I make it to the surface, I shut the metal door and choose to take my short cut to the fish & chip. Making my way through the crowded streets, I steal things off carts, I push people around, I was having a decent morning, I come up to a poster of Mal and Ben, I scribble an eye patch, and a little pirate's beard on Ben. On Mal I cross her face out and write 'good girl' on her. Suddenly I hear people yelling and screaming, "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" One person yelled, "WATCH OUT!" a woman screamed. Out of nowhere a strange purple vehicle most hits me. As I look to see just who would dare try to run over me, I see the person rip down the poster I just vandalized, the driver takes off their purple helmet, my eyes go as wide as they ever have before, "Mal's back on the Isle," I whisper, "Wait till Uma hears about this." I hurry as fast as I can to the chip shop.