Chapter 24: Father's Wrath

Heidi's POV

I was for sure going to die, but right as I was about to hit the green river, I felt a strong-arm wrap around my waist and pull me back. "NO!" the furies screamed all at once. I looked up to see a pair of grey eyes that I have known since birth. "You saved me." I said to him a surprise look on my face, "I have been saving you your whole life." Hadie grunted, siting me on the floor. Hadie turned to the furies, "YOU DARE GO AFTER ONE OF YOUR MASTER'S CHILDREN!" Hadie roared, I could have sworn I saw the furies cower a little. "He is not our master anymore." Megaera hissed, "Not since he got us sent to this forsaken island." Tisiphone growled, "and then banished up to Tartarus!" Alecto yelled. "Well, by the looks of it, my father had every right to banish you!" Hadie screamed back, "Well young prince, what do you plan on doing about it?" Megaera said standing in front of her two sisters. "Look at what has finally come home." Everyone turned their heads, coming down the Cocytus river or the Grey River was my father. "You girls finally see that without me you are nothing." He said very darkly, his gaze never left the furies once. As he made it tile floor he stood there, not making a move. "Well son, what do you plan on doing about this situation?" Hadie and I both looked at father, "Father, I don't think I am strong enough to deal with these three." Hadie stood in front of me. "YOU ARE MY SON! THERE IS NOTHING THAT IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU TO HANDLE!" Father yelled. I could Hadie had no idea what to do, "Hadie try to send them back." I whispered so that only he could hear. "I send you back to Tartarus." Father, and the furies just stood there, but nothing happened. "YOU ARE WEAK! YOU HAVE TO BE RUTHLESS!" Father stormed over to Hadie and back handed him causing him to slide across the floor. "Father, don't!" I begged. He looked down at me, "I will deal with you in a second." He turned his attention back to the furies, "I CONTROL YOU, AND I COMMANDED YOU TO GO BACK TO TARTARUS, OR I WILL UNLEASH A MUCH MORE DARKER FATE ONTO THE THREE OF YOU!" The furies looked at him in horror, second later they were gone. "PAIN, PANIC!" As if on cue, Pain and Panic came running down the walk way. "Yes sir?" They both said in unison. "Go and make sure that the furies are locked away." He ordered. Pain and Panic hurried off down the red river. Father waited till the two were gone before he turned back to me, "HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN! YOU ARE SO WEAK THAT YOU LET THE FURIES GET INSIDE YOUR HEAD! HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO A SINGLE WORD I HAVE SPOKEN! YOU DISAPPOINT ME HEIDI!" I cowered away from my dad, "NOW YOU COWER! WHAT KIND OF VILLAIN ARE YOU!" I just look at my father knowing that to fight him would be pointless. "FATHER STOP!" I hear Hadie roar, Hadie makes it back to his feet and walks over to us putting himself in between father and I, "That is enough, if you want to punish anyone, punish me." I looked at Hadie in horror. "No Hadie, it's my fault, I let the furies get to me when I knew what they were capable of." Hadie turned to me his eyes showing a mixture of emotions. "But I did nothing when I found out they had escaped." Father looked at each us. "ENOUGH! THE BOTH OF YOU! I GUESS MY SON STILL HAS A LOT TO LEARN WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A RULER! AS FOR MY DAUGHTER, WELL, MY EXPECTATIONS CANNOT GET ANY LOWER! BOTH OF YOU WILL BE PUNISHED! That was the last thing father yelled, he stormed back up the grey river and disappeared into his throne room. "You shouldn't have done that." I whispered. Hadie let out a long breath turning to me, "next time please keep your mouth shut." Hadie snapped at me, "I wasn't just going to let you get punished." Hadie helped me to my feet, "Why were you going to jump into the river of souls?" I didn't want to answer that. "The furies just played on my darkest fears, and in the end, I thought it was a good idea." Hadie punched one of columns, I have to say he put a major dent in it. "I know life is hard, but don't you ever think about doing something like that again Heid, I might not always be around to save you." I hugged my brother, wrapping my arms around his waist, "You do care about me." I said. Hadie wrapped his around my shoulders burying my face in his chest, "Of course I care squirt." Hadie used the nickname for me that he has called since I was little. "You are my favorite sister." I looked up at my brother with a smile, "Hadie, I am your only sister." I corrected him, "That too." He said a sly smile on his lips. "And all this time I thought I was just your annoying little sister that you couldn't stand." Hadie let out a chuckle, "Everything you just said was completely true, but you are starting to grow on me." I pulled out of the hug and punched him in his shoulder, "Nice that you show your true feelings show." I say laughing. "Are you sure you are going to be okay?' I asked. "Yeah, I mean father isn't the creatively with his punishments for me, plus it does help that I am his favorite." I give him a sour look, "I hate you." I say walking away, right before I get to my bedroom I hear Hadie, "HATE YOU TOO!" He yells, I smile and go into room, "I am calling it a night." I say before going to bed.