Chapter 23: The Furies

Heidi's POV

"Go away!" I shouted at the three of them, all the did was start laughing, "You really think that your father will be happy with you having these feelings." Tisiphone spoke getting closer to me, "I have no idea what you three are babbling about." I snapped at her, "You want to pursue a relationship with that brawny pirate boy." Alecto ran her hand through my hair, I push her hand away, "Why don't you three do me a favor and go back to Tartarus when my father put you." I tried to move past them but no matter what way I turned one of them would be there, "You can't possible see a future with him," Tisiphone said whispering in my ear, "And do you think for one second that he sees a future with you that is more than a friend?" Alecto said dancing around me. The three women walked over to the center of the room, "Just think about it, He is over his Ex who is back on the Isle, and also you have that barmaid that did stuff with him you can only dream of." Megaera finally spoke. "I don't have to listen to this, I know what you three do to people." The three stopped dancing and all turned their sight on me, "He is one that picks up your slack." Tisiphone says getting into face but then goes back to where she was, "That is not true, Harry and I do the same amount of work." As I said that, I really started thinking about it, 'maybe they are right, maybe I do slack off.' I shook my head of the thought, "All you two do is bring each other down." Megaera spoke in my right ear. "Your father already doesn't look at you like a daughter, just imagine what he will do once he hears that you are getting soft." Alecto spoke in my left ear. The more I listened to them, the more they started to make sense. "Your brother will be king one day, and once that happens, where will that leave you?" I turned to come face to face with Megaera, "So what if you are right." I sneered look between the three of them, "What kind of relationship could you possibly have with the pirate, one with passion." Tisiphone spoke, "romance." Megaera said, "cheesiness." Alecto whispered. All three women started laughing again as the circled me again. "You will be alone, with no one that cares if you live or die." Megaera spoke titling my head up so I was looking into her black soulless eyes. "You could fix it, make your friends and family respect you more." Alecto took a step back, "How?" I asked. the three women slithered there was over to the river of souls, "All you have to do it fall into the river of souls." Tisiphone spoke as the other two gestured towards the river, "but if I do that, I would die." I asked confused taking a small step towards the ladies. "What better way to show Uma that she should have treated you like her equal." Megaera said as I took another step towards the river, "Or how about your father? This would really show him just what he had and never appreciated." Alecto hisses. I was now halfway to the river, and for the first time I thought the furies were giving me good advice. I was tired of Uma bossing me around. I was sick of my father looking past me then looking at me. "And most of all Harry, He will be devastated to hear the news, and will never forgive himself for seeing what was right in front of him this whole time." Tisiphone held out her hand. I hesitated at first, the more for the life of me I couldn't think of any reason not to do this. "All it will take it one slip of the foot." Alecto said making her way to the left side of Tisiphone. "After that everyone will see just how bad they treated you." Megaera said walking to right side of Tisiphone. I took Tisiphone hand, the women hissed, growled, shirked as Tisiphone lead me to the edge of the river. I looked down, they were right it would be easy. "Come on." Megaera encouraged, "What are you waiting for?" Alecto questioned, I looked back at the three, they were huddled very close to each other, all having a look of anticipation on their faces. "It's time that Heidi showed everyone that she is the evilest of them all." Tisiphone spoke as she walked up next to me, "Will it hurt?" I ask her, not taking my eyes of the creepy green river. "It will be quick and painless, almost like falling asleep." Tisiphone said in a very calming voice. As I looked at the river, all the moments I have had with Harry started flashing through my mind. Him and I meeting each other at Goblin Wharf at age 5, us introducing our families our family to each other, Harry introducing me to Uma and the crew at age 14, Harry giving me my necklace after I made crew, When I calmed him down after his encounter with Harriet, How he paid attention to me at the chip shop, He saved me from having to walk home with Clay, The adventure we went on to get his hook back, The fight we had on our way to see Dizzy, The kiss I was sure that we almost had, The way he looks at me, even when he thinks I don't notice, and most recently the hug we shared just tonight. The more I thought about, the more it became clearer to me. "I love him." I whispered. The furies stood behind me with expressions of anxiety, "But he will never feel the same way, I can't bare this feeling anymore. Just I was about to fall into the river, a voice echoed in the room, "GET AWAY FROM MY SISTER!" I turn my head around to see my brother, Tisiphone lets out a venomous hiss, the next thing I know Tisiphone pushes me forward.