Chapter 36: The New Ben

Heidi's POV

I awoke by Uma kicking my feet, "Heidi Get up!" she yelled, I opened my eyes slowly and sat up, "What time is it?" Uma didn't answer me, "You are going to be late!' Uma yelled again. I shot up and bolted out the basement room. I stopped to catch my breath just as I closed the door to the basement. As I turned I bumped into Ally, "Nice to see to see too." Ally laughed, "Come on we are going to be late for life skills." Ally grabbed my hand as lead me to the class. As we walked I noticed that this place was huge and they had anything you could dream of. As we walked into the class room I saw a short, stubby women dressed all in blue walk over to the board. "Morning children." The women said, "Good morning Ms. Merryweather." The student said in unison. "Today we will be starting a lesson called 'failure is good." I looked at Ally confused, but only seen Ally writing something down in her notebook. "Raise your hand if you have ever tried hard at doing something?" Almost everyone raised their hand. "Okay, now keep them up if you failed at this task, but you still gave it all you could." I looked around and saw a couple hands go down. "The main purpose of this lesson is, that even when you fail at something you still succeed because you tried your hardest and still learned something in the end." The teacher started writing on the chalk board, "If someone avoids failure, what do you think that will do to them?" She asked turning to the class, Ally's hand shot up. "Ally." Merryweather pointed at her, "They would avoid taking action and never really try at anything." I was surprised to hear that come from Ally, "Very well put Ally, and she is right, failure is a natural part of life, we need to experience it, learn from it, and move on." Time started flying by as I started writing things down, and answering questions. The next thing I know I hear a bell go off. "You ready to go?" Ally said standing next to me. "Yeah." I stand up and walk out of the classroom with her. Ally and I turn down a hall when I run into someone, "Excuse me, I wasn't looking at where I was going." I hear a voice say, I look up and see a guy standing in front of me, he was very cute and looked to be around my age. He had brown hair that was all over the place, a dark brown shirt, blue pants, brown shoes, and some kind of sport's jacket on. "Sorry about that Herkie, Freddie and I were talking when he should have been watching the people around us." Ally said with a smile, "It's okay, as much as I would love to chat with you two lovely ladies I really need to get to tourney practice, excuse me." He nodded his head and walked off, "So remind me again, who was that?" Ally's cheeks turned red and she started shifting her weight from left to right, "That was Herkie, he is the son of Hercules and Meg." As those words left her mouth the whole world stopped. "Ally, I am suddenly not feeling well." Ally looked at me, "I am just going to go lay down." I rushed off and made my way to the basement. I storm inside and slammed the door. "What's your deal?" Uma asked. "I just ran into Hercules son." Uma just started laughing, "Well you are in the kingdom of the so called good guys, I was bound to happen one way or another." Uma just went back to studying the spell book. I spent the rest of the day trying to understand why I didn't feel hatred as soon as I found out who he was. Uma and I waited till we sure that everyone was asleep. We snuck out of the room, down the tunnel and made it to the courtyard. "Ben's Office is just up that way a little bit." Uma smiled, "See, you are good for somethings after all." Uma and I walked up to the side of the school, we could see lights on in Ben's office, Uma pulled out the spell book, "Wings of bat and raven's eye, lift us up into the sky." Once again Uma and I were lifted off the ground as we flew up to a window, as we reached the window, I could see Ben's back, he looked very busy, papers were scattered all over his desk, "Uma, what are we waiting for?" Ben sighed and got up from his chair and walked out of the room. "Now the coast is clear." Uma said flipping through the spell book. "Window, window, paper thin, open up, I'm going in." Uma read from the book. The window burst open, Uma and I climbed in. I looked around, it was a nice office. We heard the door click open and Ben walked back in, His eyes went wide when he saw the both of us. "Uma? Heidi?" He asked looking from Uma to me, "Hi Ben." I said waving at him, "What are you two doing here?" Uma spoke up now, "We decide that you were right, we should be given a chance." Uma lied, I could tell that she didn't mean one word that she spoke, "That's great." Ben smiled. He walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged him back, Uma looked at me in disbelief. "How did you two get through the barrier?" Ben asks pulling out of the hug, Uma and I looked at each other for a moment, Uma reveled the spell book, "Your little girlfriend dropped this on her way here." Uma slammed her hands down on Ben's desk. I looked at Ben with pity in my eyes. "We have been hiding in the basement for a couple of days." Ben nodded his head and took my hand, "Well no more hiding, you two are a part of Auradon now." I squeezed his hand. Uma snapped her head around to face us, "No!" Uma yelled slapping Ben's hand away from mine, "Uma, you don't need to be hostile, you are safe here." Ben tried to calm Uma down. "You are already making me sick." Uma started to flip through the spell book. "You are going to break the barrier." I said, Ben just looked at me confused. "No, I won't." Uma started laughing, "You really think that you are going to have a choice in the matter?" "Ben my love, my life, my spirit, come to me and forever we will be." As Uma read the spell I looked over at Ben, his face went from scared to extremely happy, "Uma, there you are, I have been looking all over for you." Ben wrapped his arms around Uma and smiled. 'What have we done?' I thought looking at Ben who looked like he just saw the light.