Chapter 37: If Only

Heidi's POV

Today was the day of the Cotillion, and I was just waking up inside the small room in basement. Last night was a huge success, if you can call it that, Ben was 'In love' with Uma, and Uma and I figured out that the only reason Ben could see the real me last night was because when Uma spelled me, she really spelled Harry's ring I was wearing and I had forgotten to wear it last night. I sat up and noticed Uma was still sleeping, I stood up and made my way to the courtyard. The fresh air felt nice, the wind gently blowing through my hair, the Isle never felt like this. "Freddie?" I turned my gaze to see Ally, "Yep." I said to her. I let Ally drag me to Jordan and Carly's dorm room. Once there Ally knocked on the door. "It's Open!" yelled Jordan. Ally opened the door and dragged me inside closing the door. "You girls do know that it is the middle of the afternoon and the party isn't till tonight." The three girls looked at me, "It will take us all day just to get ready." Jordan said pulling out her dress, "And do your makeup." Ally said getting out all the makeup she had brought, "And we can't forget about our hair." Carly said from the bathroom as she walked into the room and set something on the table.

" Carly said from the bathroom as she walked into the room and set something on the table

Those girls weren't kidding when they said it would take all day each girl took at least two hours, but once they all had their dresses on, their makeup perfectly applied, and their hair down just the right way. Ally turned to me, "Your turn. Ally sat down in the chair. I could help feel a little guilty, after tonight nothing will be the same ever again. I would lose these girls as friends, and be seen as I really am, the evil, wicked, daughter of a villain. Carly painted my nails light blue to match my dress.

 Carly painted my nails light blue to match my dress

As Ally curled my hair and put it in a curly ponytail.

"You look beautiful." I smiled at Jordan through the reflection of the mirror as her head was on my shoulder. "Thanks Jordan." She gave a side hug and walk back to what she was doing. After what felt like a life time I heard Carly say the magic words, "You are all done." I was shocked at the person that was sitting in front of the mirror, she was beautiful, stunning even. "All the boys will have their eyes on you tonight." Ally said putting away her makeup. "Well everyone is ready, let's head to the party." Jordan said. The three girls gave themselves one final look in the mirror then opened the door. "Freddie? Are you coming?" Ally asked. Jordan and Carly were already out of sight. "I will catch up, I just need a moment." Ally gave me a sad look, "I will be fine, go and enjoy yourself." I told her. Ally sighed and closed the bedroom door. I stood up and took a look at myself in the full-length mirror in the corner of the room.

Heidi: If only I knew what my heart was telling me {I look down at Harry's ring.} Don't know what I'm feeling {I drop my hand and open the double doors that go to a balcony.} Is this just a dream? {Looks out window at Auradon.} Ah oh, yeah {I turn my gaze from the dazzling lights and sounds of Auradon out the Isle} If only I could read the signs in front of me {I looks down from the balcony and sees Ally, Carly and Jordan walking and laughing.} I could find the way to who I'm meant to be {I carefully put a lose strain of her hair behind her ear.} Ah oh, {Walking back inside I close the double doors to the balcony.} if only {I sit on Ally's bed.} if only. {I wipe a tear that fell from my eyes.}

I take one more look at myself, trying to remember this moment the best I could because deep down I knew that this moment would never happen again. I let out one more sigh and walk out of the room to go meet up with Uma. Uma and I were below deck, the whole ship was full of cameras flashing, people asking questions, but once you got on top deck of the boat, everyone was dancing and it looked like a lot of fun, "Wait, Uma." I grabbed her hand. Uma just ripped her hand out of mine, "What is it now?" Uma sounded annoyed with me. "I was just going to ask; can you turn me back to me please." I said gesturing to the fact that I looked like Freddie. Uma opened the spell book, "The spell placed on her is over and done, with these final words let the spell be undone." I was engulfed in a purple smoke then it disappeared. "There you go. Now this is it, remember, don't mess this up, suddenly I heard trumpets start blowing, "King Benjamin." The man said at the top of the stairs, "Uma, you and Heidi just wait here for one second." Ben said as he walked up the stairs and turned a corner. Ben made his way to the top of stairs and looked at Mal, "This isn't going to work." Uma hissed. Ben walked stiffly down the beautiful blue and yellow staircase and up to Mal, everyone was quiet, Ben bowed to Mal, and Mal bowed back, "Mal, I wish I had time to explain." Ben said as he turned his attention to the top of the stairs. The door opened and Uma shoved me out of her way handing me the spell book, as she walked through them. I placed the book on one of the tables as I caught up with Uma. Uma and I stood at the top, everyone looked shocked, scared, but all I noticed was just how angry the VK's looked and just how heartbroken Mal looked.