Chapter 2

Again I do not own anything. This is just a bit of fun. No judging please. Comment what you think your theories for the end of ToG series will be.  Happy Reading: )

Maeve's face drained of all it's colour. She threw up a shield of her dark power.

"How?" Maeve shouted over her shield.

"Aelin," Rowan's voice was a mixture of relief and tension. His green eyes met hers. Aelin smiled at him. "Aelin," he said again, realising she wasn't broken. She wasn't in the dark again.

"Get up," Choal told her once again. "You need to get up."

She tried to tell him she physically couldn't but he knew - they all knew - she needed to do this herself. She needed to tell herself how strong she was. She climbed to her feet, every part of her burning, screaming, stinging in agony. She nearly fell when her head span.

Choal reached out to hold her upright. He grinned at her. She glanced at Rowan, wondering why he hadn't reached for her. "They're using what's left of their power to protect you from Maeve and Cairn."

And they would need all their concentration. Nesryn gently squeezed her shoulder.

"Your Majesty," Yrene Towers dipped her head. "You may not remember me, but once, long ago, an assassin gave me some money to become a healer."

"I..." Aelin tried to swallowed even though it was like shoving a knife down her throat. "...Remember...Yrene."

The girl let her tears slip. "I want to heal you personally, Majesty."

So Aelin stood with her family and let the healer do her job.

"Who gets to kill Cairn?" Gavriel asked, grinning.

Adeion grunted as Maeve's power battered their shields.

"I'll do it," Dorian growled.

"You got the King," Lysandra frowned.

"And you got Arobynn," he told her.

"He's mine," Rowan said through gritted teeth.

"I want Maeve," Elide quietly said.

"At least you left me Erawan and his army," Aelin panted as Yrene fixed up broken body.

"Actually," Adeion said, twisting his sword, "all the armies you summoned took down his. He's on the run."

"What?" Aelin gasped as a burning slammed into her body.

Maeve laughed. "Fools. He's still alive. He'll kill you all, and he'll be here soon."

Aelin rose to shaky legs. "Good," was all she said before she shot out a burst of flame at Maeve.

"No, Aelin," Rowan demanded. "Your magic is still depleted."

Aelin ignored him shooting blasts of flame at the bitch standing in front of her.

"Elentiya," Nhemia's voice instantly put out her flames.

Aelin ran over to Nhemia's glowing frame. "I am so sorry-"

"Enough, Elentiya. I am sorry for what I did to you. But I am here today to earn your forgiveness and out of justice for Eyllwe." Her voice was cold as she looked at Maeve.

"Celaena," Sam's voice said. Aelin sucked in a shaky breath. "I suppose I should say Aelin, your Majesty." He bowed.

"Sam," tears slid down Aelin's face. "No. Don't you ever bow to me."

"But he will bow to me," Erawan's voice slithered across the room from behind Maeve.

A whip of black magic hit Sam, making him bow. Erawan chuckled.