Ten: FROM ELIZA TO KAL

THANKS FOR 1K MY DUDES 😀

Also FYI: I wasn't originally gonna have a cast, but -voidgrayson convinced me so one has been added to the Epigraph (the first part) along with a playlist of my own concoction.

Maybe I should take a page out of jadedcreator 's book and make playlists on Spotify for all my books so you guys can listen along with me as you read what I write.

Eliza:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Kal:

You cannot believe what?

Eliza:

Auditions for the school musical are today, and Raquel didn't tell me, so now I have no time to prepare a song and I'm gonna bomb onstage and everyone is gonna make fun of me.

Kal:

Everyone is not going to make fun of you.

I will not make fun of you.

Eliza:

Well, I know you won't. You're too sweet to do that.

Kaldur:

What play are you performing?

Eliza:

Oh my gosh, you'd love it!

Kal:

The Little Mermaid?

Eliza:

Yes!

Kal:

I thought that was a movie?

Eliza:

It is, but then Disney sold the rights to Broadway for a bunch of their movies (Ariel's was one of them) and they added a bunch of new songs and made it into a play.

And it's so good! I love the soundtrack, I'll text you the link to it on YouTube.

The play and the movie are both my favorites. I've wanted to play Ariel for a long time, and I spent the last few years getting bigger and bigger roles in my school productions. I really thought that this year I'd get the lead.

I'm still going to audition, though. I have to try.

Kal:

I am proud of you.

Eliza:

Thanks, Kal. We just got back and already my parents are hounding me to study more even though that's all I do in the afternoon because I have no social life and they're giving me grief over still wanting to audition because I "have no chance of getting he part" and "your grades are slipping so much already"!

I was sick for most of ninth and tenth grade, and over the summer. I just barely managed to make it to Junior year with Raquel.

Kal:

What will you do if you do not make the cut?

Eliza:

Join the stage crew, I guess. I'd get to hang out with Raquel on lights, even though she's a traitor.

Kaldur:

I thought she was your friend?

Eliza:

She is. I'm just mad at her right now. I'll get over it before auditions. Don't worry.

Kal:

If you will excuse me, my team has a mission.

However, I do hope that you "break a leg" with your auditions.

Eliza

Oh, you remembered!

Kal:

Of course I did. What made you think that I would forget?